RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a RRC and this truck obviously looks nice, I have been chatting with owner and the price is much lower than listed on ebay. I am just a little concerned due to a couple of red flags, price drop, description off, limited pics.

I am in the max 30k range for the truck, is that about right? Anything I should look for specifically on these?

Anyone know this truck?

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
It’s a wacky eBay listing. 110k? And no description at all? I’d tread carefully and inspect in person or PPI before sending money.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Just fly out there and look at it
If I was going to pay that for a rover
I would want to see it up close and verify...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh for sure see it first and I will be in AZ in 2 weeks to be see it, my offer was declined he they countered at 67k. Big drop and makes e wonder even more now. But I see RRC's in this condition going for big money so we shall see.

·
Registered
801 Posts
People want what they want...
I want 1000$ rovers
That one does look nice
But not that nice...

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,458 Posts
Oh for sure see it first and I will be in AZ in 2 weeks to be see it, my offer was declined he they countered at 67k. Big drop and makes e wonder even more now. But I see RRC's in this condition going for big money so we shall see.
That’s NAS Defender pricing. Six figures for a RRC seems crazy. There are early 2 - door RRCs that have been resto-modded that might command six figures, but this one doesn’t seem to be one of those. Or one reborn from JLR Heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
if it’s not a Suffix A with original paint matching everything and minimal rust, it’s just not worth six figures.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It does look like a very clean car. Is it original or restored. I would think that even the best restoration does not touch a very clean original vehicles. Since these cars of that vintage are not really daily drivers, for them to reach high prices there needs to be pedigree and remarkable story. A new coat of paint no matter how well applied just is not the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would look at this car before that car. This place is near my home, I've seen this car and its a good car. I'm unaffiliated with this place and you should of course do all necessary due diligence. I think they imported a few 2 doors from Netherlands. They have a good reputation, I want to say they were asking in the 50's for a while but the car hasn't sold so see what you can do and good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It must be trimmed in gold! I absolutely would not even pay $30,000. You should be able to find a really nice classic for around $20,000 or less. Look at the auctions on BAT (Bring A Trailer).

·
Registered
801 Posts
Ok it would be hard to part with this 91 it needs a little work ... but for 30,000$
I think I could let it go...
004F0037-5E34-4D75-9763-7A4C1C372426.jpeg
A6604CE2-4813-4BE0-9AD9-3875A0F5F27F.jpeg
B222AA32-6170-4BFA-802D-B4ED7A12AF05.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would look at this car before that car. This place is near my home, I've seen this car and its a good car. I'm unaffiliated with this place and you should of course do all necessary due diligence. I think they imported a few 2 doors from Netherlands. They have a good reputation, I want to say they were asking in the 50's for a while but the car hasn't sold so see what you can do and good luck.

I have been looking at this truck as well, nice and for sure considering it. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a friend in Austin with a Spanish Import 2-Door V8 Classic with a 5-speed. That is wrapping up a few things and will likely sell it on.
86173775_10156447233981534_8857688922021429248_n.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks Eric, My 2-door range rover classic (5 speed manual, v8) is not in the same realm as those cited earlier in this thread but I appreciate the thought!

Yes, I will be listing her for sale in the next few weeks (or I may do an auction on BAT) and will share all details & photos/videos in a post then.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It must be trimmed in gold! I absolutely would not even pay $30,000. You should be able to find a really nice classic for around $20,000 or less. Look at the auctions on BAT (Bring A Trailer).
North American RRC stuff is bottom of the barrel, except for the soft dashes of course.

If you want a VIN plate and a bucket of parts belonging to a 70s 2-door expect to pay almost 10 grand. Or you can sneak your way into Venezuela, your kind donation of $500 will help someone escape the country and you get a mostly rust free truck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
this one is the real deal.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
More early ones that look good:

·
Registered
23 Posts
WOW... Some really nice RRC's
Are you only looking for a 2 door? My local indie Rover Shop owner is selling his RRC LWB. So you know its been well maintained....I just bought a 2006 RR SC from them yesterday and they've helped me put my 1991 RRC back together.
If anyone is interested I can get pictures
Im in Calgary Canada

1 - 20 of 22 Posts