RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my set of 22's and the 20's are for going on the weekend trip ( allroads down here have huge holes!) I grab my OEM 20's with 275/40/20. I previously had 265/50/20 (Toyo ST) which were a nice experience, the 265 was as wide for my wheels since the Toyos have some kind of side protection, the 50 in height was also good but not as good as as I thought.
As usual, Land Rover dealership said tire height is 40 as standard, they dont recommend the 45, whats new?
Well, just wanted to ask anyone who has used this size of tire, I drive pretty fast on trips 100-120 m/h.
Hope to hear from you about this issue and your recomendations
Thansk everyone
JJB

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run 275/45 20's on my RRS with no problems. I drive at around 80mph and have no problems.

·
Registered
543 Posts
jjb218.

Sounds like with the type of driving over east you encounter a better Baja type tyre would be more suited in the weekends dude.

The reason your Toyo's were "underperforming" so to speak compared to your expectations is probably the load rating isn't that suitable for the speed you are travelling at and the weight of the truck at Deathcon 2 is hammering the sidewalls of the rubber ?

A reasonable bet would be to fit 285/55R20D BFGoodrich A/T2's which will provide a better ride/handling compromise on 20" ! !

Cheerio,

Vince.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts