RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6295

He says the brakes don't work and that the resonator is rusted. He also said there's a little surface rust on the frame. I swore I wouldn't by any more old cars on-line without looking at them first. I really want a nice RRC that's close to show room condition. Except for the mechanical problems, this one appears to be close. Apparently, it's owned by a widow. It was her husband's truck. He passed away in the early 90s and it's been sitting since '99.

Is anyone close by that could check this thing out? I need someone to check all the features / electronics, look under the hood, look at the rust situation and let me know what else may be an issue. Maybe we could work something out where I pay your gas and time. Let me know. Send me an e-mail.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Justin, it took me about 6 months before I found the Rover I was looking for. There were a few here in San Antonio and Austin at the time but, either they were sold before I could go look at them or they were just trash. I ended up finding mine on craigslist in Dallas. I am the 2nd owner. Sure it has it's problems but has been reliable as my daily driver and beach vechile for over a year.

Be patient and look closer to home.

Good Luck

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is one in the used car corral that is just north of Houston. You are in San Antonio. easy to get to and it looks nice. Wish I could buy it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the one in Houston. The mileage is a little high. I liked the one in NC because I like the idea of no leather. I'll keep looking if that's what I have to do.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Justin you're the one that will make the decision on what you want. That Rover in NC would have raise a red flag with me. Another person selling it for the owner??? Some rust, brakes, etc. Personally I would like to find a low mileage one as well. Better than a low mileage one is one that comes with records. After a few years of buying and sell some used cars (I'm cheap) I look at mechanicals first and hope that I find one that has a pretty good looking interior to match. It all takes time. I wanted a Rover so bad I thought I was going to go nuts before I got the one I have. I looked at about 4-5 before I pulled the trigger on this one.

There are some good ones here in Texas I am sure. The rust factor should be low with a Texas truck unless it was from the coastal area. That is a big plus. I have not seen too many with cloth interior though. You could find one with great mechanicals and get the interior redone in cloth. Shouldn't be to expensive.

I'll keep a look out. There was one a couple of streets away from me that just sat in the driveway. Black SWB. But it is gone now. They are out there.

Good Luck
Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for keeping a lookout for me. If it's more than a couple thousand I need to sell my wife's car first anyway.

My wife will be driving it. So I don't care about mods or anything. I want it as original as possible. I'm really not sure I have a preference on color, LWB / SWB or year. A pre '93 might be nice so it wouldn't have air suspension.

Do you ever come to the Rover meetings, Parker? Have I met you?

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Ive seen the one in Houston first hand. Its sweet, milage isnt a issue when its been taken care of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts