RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed we now own a RANGE RO ER. I’m very confused because I swore the previous owner advertised it as a RANGE ROVER. I checked the title and VIN which do verify RANGE ROVER but the badge clearly says RANGE RO ER. Has anyone had this happen? Is there dealer and/or aftermarket support for this model? Does the info on this forum apply to RANGE RO ER SPORTS? I can’t find parts, manuals or specs for this thing anywhere.
Ok, so I was just going to de-badge as the aftermarket lettering has terrible reviews and LR only allows one to purchase the entire darn alphabet. But, my wife wants the “V” back (giggle). Anyone willing to sell one? I’m sure I’m not the first..
Was going to post in sale/wanted but didn’t see much traffic there.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,545 Posts
Go to ebay and get a black set for a few bucks. They look better anyway. Silver sets can also be purchased for not very much.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Let me see if I have a spare "V" for you... When we bought our Rover last November before driving off I demanded a small list of items and things done, about 8 I remember... Strangely, the lettering on both the Hood and Tail-Gate were missing the same 3 letter on both ends... I know one letter was an "O" , another an "E", and I cannot remember the last letter. However, they couldn't get their body or graphics people out in time for delivery of the vehicle and I said "F" it... Give me the letters and I'll install them myself. So they gave me (2) OEM supplied letter strips one for front and back and I scraped all the old adhesive and installed the letters... a real pain in the ass honestly. If I have a "V" I'll let you know and mail it to you if you are indeed in the Continental USA for free. I know how it is to be annoyed with little things missing on a nice vehicle or not quite right so I feel your aggravation.

I'll go down into the garage in a few so hang tight.

ETA: I just checked... I used both sets letter "V" last year. I apologize for getting your hopes up. I will say that the OEM Dealership letters are really nice and matched the one's from the factory very well and their adhesive is just as strong as well. That is why I think the original Rover Dealership actually "Pilfered" those 6 letters, the SPORT badge on the tailgate, and also the Stainless Steel gas and brake peddles off of our Rover before we could come see it to satisfy someone else's demands and then lied to us about such. No way all same 3 letters on both the front and back were missing.

Range Rover Letters.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me see if I have a spare "V" for you... When we bought our Rover last November before driving off I demanded a small list of items and things done, about 8 I remember... Strangely, the lettering on both the Hood and Tail-Gate were missing the same 3 letter on both ends... I know one letter was an "O" , another an "E", and I cannot remember the last letter. However, they couldn't get their body or graphics people out in time for delivery of the vehicle and I said "F" it... Give me the letters and I'll install them myself. So they gave me (2) OEM supplied letter strips one for front and back and I scraped all the old adhesive and installed the letters... a real pain in the ass honestly. If I have a "V" I'll let you know and mail it to you if you are indeed in the Continental USA for free. I know how it is to be annoyed with little things missing on a nice vehicle or not quite right so I feel your aggravation.

ETA: I just checked... I used both sets letter "V" last year. I apologize for getting your hopes up. I will say that the OEM Dealership letters are really nice and matched the one's from the factory very well and their adhesive is just as strong as well. That is why I think the original Rover Dealership actually "Pilfered" those 6 letters, the SPORT badge on the tailgate, and also the Stainless Steel gas and brake peddles off of our Rover before we could come see it to satisfy someone else's demands and then lied to us about such. No way all same 3 letters on both the front and back were missing.

View attachment 292553
Oh the irony!! Well thank you for checking and getting back to me, “V”ery cool of you and much appreciated. Anyone else?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to ebay and get a black set for a few bucks. They look better anyway. Silver sets can also be purchased for not very much.
I’ve seen those but there seems to be a ton of negative feedback on the consistency of the size of the letters and the durability of the adhesive. I may just swing that way and buy 3M adhesive to tack on after removing the aftermarket letter’s adhesive. Yup. First world problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

View attachment 292553
I feel like we just played a round of Wheel of Fortune. Haha! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts