RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plastic piece covering the central speaker in the leather dash rattles ...almost like a morse code or a sound that something dangling would make by hitting a wall etc periodically.

I have taken to the workshop 3 times .. Have foreman sit with me and they evidently have felt tape etc there to address the rattle...yet it comes back..anyone has similar issue?

I'm thinking I just ask them to order a new part. I'm assuming this could particularly be an issue on ATB given this plastic piece sits on leather dash (unless others have this option)...

I have conversation assist off ...it happens regardless when there's an uneven road surface....:|

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have you CONFIRMED it is from this piece? The reason I ask is that I had a rattle that I would have sworn was inside the dash like behind the glove box but it ended up being a loose rivit in the front right quarter panel that squeaked very similar to what you are describing. The only way I knew was I opened the hood to try to figure out the squeak and when I leaned on the quarter panel it squeaked. I ended up putting a shim in the defective rivit and the squeak went away. Not an elegant solution but better than having a body shop take the truck apart. Good luck!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you CONFIRMED it is from this piece? The reason I ask is that I had a rattle that I would have sworn was inside the dash like behind the glove box but it ended up being a loose rivit in the front right quarter panel that squeaked very similar to what you are describing. The only way I knew was I opened the hood to try to figure out the squeak and when I leaned on the quarter panel it squeaked. I ended up putting a shim in the defective rivit and the squeak went away. Not an elegant solution but better than having a body shop take the truck apart. Good luck!
yes indeed. When pressed hard, it goes away...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes indeed. When pressed hard, it goes away...
Tried it again today...seems to be coming from the same area but pressing the part isn't resolving it. It almost feels like something is very loose, almost dangling and hitting the wall around it...so freaking annoying !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Yes i have a metallic rattling from this area, mine has the 1700 watt Meridian in and it seems to be coming from this speaker grill. Very annoying at times!!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
fester, I'm sure you read about my rattle issues and you said you had Conversation Assist set to off ... but your description makes it sounds so much like the rattle I had.

Can you drive around and have another adult sit in the back and fiddle with the speakers/microphones over the rear doors? On mine I would get interference in the rattle when someone moved the passenger side overhead rear grab handle. Would never had thought to make that connection, but one of my teens just happened to be touching that area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts