RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any issues with doing this?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I don't see why it would be a problem. It's just a matter of hooking onto the frame properly and safely...while avoiding the air bag and steering components.

The p38 would probably make for a great plowing rig for non commercial applications.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
plowing beats the snot out of a truck, if your p38 is already clapped out, then it would be great. if it's in good condition, a plow would ruin it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I forgot to tell you that I'm just going to use it for my driveway not anyone elses.
I was thinking one of the light weight ones that use plastic instead of metal.

I guess after all is said and done, It would be cheaper to buy a used snow blower.....

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Or hook an attachement onto your riding mower (assuming you have one).
Snow blowers always seem to not want to start when you need them most...after the warranty runs out anyway. Riding mowers have never let me down, save for a bad battery.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kmagnuss said:
Or hook an attachement onto your riding mower (assuming you have one).
Snow blowers always seem to not want to start when you need them most...after the warranty runs out anyway. Riding mowers have never let me down, save for a bad battery.
I have a nice John Deer but it's so darn cold seating on that tractor.....

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I bought an Airens blower last week, I just chewed through 2-3' drifts in less than 2 hours, no stalls...

one of my buddies has one that's 30 years old and still going strong

·
Registered
401 Posts
Your rover shouldn't have a problem pulling out WITHOUT plowing the driveway :thumb: that'll show the neighbors

·
Registered
494 Posts
funny you mention that. my entire condo development was outside the morning after the recent snow, toiling away, digging out their cars, and hacking through the ice and thigh-deep powder. meanwhile i simply waded through the drifts, brushed the snow off the driver door and windshield, fired her up, then gunned it through 20" of snow and ice, and drove off while they all briefly stopped and hated me for it. :cry:

·
Registered
966 Posts
I never shovel my driveway, and I get 2-3 ft drifts each snowstorm. Thats no match for my rover.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jsmooth65 said:
I never shovel my driveway, and I get 2-3 ft drifts each snowstorm. Thats no match for my rover.
I also never plow my driveway. I will go up and down with big dog (my rover) and call it a day.

However, we got over 24 inches and I needed to do some digging. didnt wnat to rip of my tail pipe.....

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I don't plow my driveway either. :dance:

But...when I was in Chicago for two winters, I would routinely park on the piled up snow that nobody else could get on top of (it took away a parking spot or two, and parking is a premium in the city). I loved coming home to find people cruising up and down the streets looking for a spot, and I would just climb right up the 3' high snow pile. Ahhh, good times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We had upto 5 inches last week here in Norfolk UK. Needless to say the whole county ground to a halt, the council ran out of salt and those who did venture out on the roads drove like it was summer.....and crashed into lots of hedges.

Bring on global warming!!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I only do my driveway because I share it with my neighbor, and SWMBO doesn't like wading through the snow to her DII.....

I spent most of the morning digging out 1/2 the block, I'd have felt bad if one of the 80yo's down the street had a heart-attack while I was sitting by the fire

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I had this thought while I was ploughing with a lawn tractor yesterday.

I can however attest that a Range Rover will not be troubled by 4-5foot drifts.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd have felt bad if one of the 80yo's down the street had a heart-attack while I was sitting by the fire
They had 80 years to get a suitable vehicle. enjoy your fire.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts