RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced changing to the performance pulley on the SC

I seen for my 2011 SC, there is not too much you can do for added horse power, but K&N filters, exhaust and I see there are performance pulleys out there, any suggestions on these pulleys, will it make HP without damaging the motor? do you need to have a chip installed or reprogramming as well? (I hear chips dont work at all)?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Re: Anyone experienced changing to the performance pulley on the SC

pulley.gif

Here ya go.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

For hanging around
image.jpg

·
Registered
335 Posts

No thanks to you corny geeks, you guys are a joke!!! is this a real forum with a Admin's that are a bunch of clowns, with cheerleader that follow cause they have no real balls!! Im sure I speak for a lot of members that are tired of you sarcasm and jokes!!!! Umberto im surprised at you, I thought you were better than that

·
Registered
335 Posts

Everyone I present to you, the amazing GOOSEY and a couple of his cheerleaders!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts

Everyone I present to you, the amazing GOOSEY and a couple of his cheerleaders!!!!!
Oh I forgot none of you DUCKS has an SC, my bad, now it all makes sense!!!!! lmaolmao

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I wasn't referring to you Umberto!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I thought I read on this forum a larger pulley produced more RPM and thus higher temps. Not sure what all that adds up to other than stress on the engine and potential failure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I thought I read on this forum a larger pulley produced more RPM and thus higher temps. Not sure what all that adds up to other than stress on the engine and potential failure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for your input MI2, but I found the thread for the performance pulley, I think its a smaller pulley not bigger, If im not mistaken

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
164 Posts

So OP do you have a 2011 or a 2006 RRS SC? Anyway there are two company's that I know do upgrades for both those years. Eurotoys out of Chicago & Eurocharged out of Houston. I will be going with the 1.5 pound pulley & tune from Eurotoys as it's only 1 1/2 away from me. Hopefully have it by summer along with new wheels.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

No thanks to you corny geeks, you guys are a f*ing joke!!! is this a real forum with a Admin's that are a bunch of clowns, with cheerleader that follow cause they have no real balls!! Im sure I speak for a lot of members that are tired of you sarcasm and jokes!!!! Umberto im surprised at you, I thought you were better than that
Wow so typically I am 6 beers in and would make really off color comments and be a total as;(ole but I am doing a time critical paint sealant tonight before winter so I am going to give you the straight and skinny that your asking for.

1. Use the search feature before clogging up the forum with repeat threads. There's a lot of experienced people here that have vast knowledge. It's the give a fish eat for a day teach to fish fees for life. If you find it yourself it's all at your fingertips and you don't get us posting funny pictures in a thread that asks a question that's answered 3 times in first page if you type in "upgrade pulley"

2. Just bolting it on will give minimal gains and you will need a tune. Not a flash or a chip but an actual tune to optimize performance. You can pull an extra 50-65 hp at crank out of the 5.0 with a very street able tune that will give a better torque curve.

3. Please throw the k&n filters in your nearest trash receptacle ASAP. there is no gain of power or fuel mileage or anything. All your doing is letting more dirt in and adding oil to that dirt to make it stick to intake. Put paper filters back in and clean your maf sensor cause it's probably already greasy.

4. Since you brought it up I don't drive a SC for a few reasons that are unimportant. I can say I am the only person to rip a beer fart into my driver seat. Each time you get in your used SC your sitting in someone else's butt funk and no amount of horsepower will ever remove that...

·
Registered
417 Posts

Wow so typically I am 6 beers in and would make really off color comments and be a total as;(ole but I am doing a time critical paint sealant tonight before winter so I am going to give you the straight and skinny that your asking for.

1. Use the search feature before clogging up the forum with repeat threads. There's a lot of experienced people here that have vast knowledge. It's the give a fish eat for a day teach to fish fees for life. If you find it yourself it's all at your fingertips and you don't get us posting funny pictures in a thread that asks a question that's answered 3 times in first page if you type in "upgrade pulley"

2. Just bolting it on will give minimal gains and you will need a tune. Not a flash or a chip but an actual tune to optimize performance. You can pull an extra 50-65 hp at crank out of the 5.0 with a very street able tune that will give a better torque curve.

3. Please throw the k&n filters in your nearest trash receptacle ASAP. there is no gain of power or fuel mileage or anything. All your doing is letting more dirt in and adding oil to that dirt to make it stick to intake. Put paper filters back in and clean your maf sensor cause it's probably already greasy.

4. Since you brought it up I don't drive a SC for a few reasons that are unimportant. I can say I am the only person to rip a beer fart into my driver seat. Each time you get in your used SC your sitting in someone else's butt funk and no amount of horsepower will ever remove that...

lool, so true!

but check luxuryforplay, pretty sure i saw a thread for a 600HP supercharged sport with a list of his mods

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts

you know it's all in good humour 98! They're just having fun...none of us have actually changed a pulley on a S/C model...so we resort to humour to compensate! :) But when you do it, please do post a step by step installation so we can learn! :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Well thanks for you constructive input Brimill instead of your sarcasm, as for the farting in your seat, there has been many @sses farting in yours since it came from the port off the ship into the show room!!!!!!! but unlike you, I want more bang for my buck!! thanks for your input PJ, but im tired of these clowns talking trash when it seems to be a more deeper personal issue that they have with in them selves! the point is for $56000 of my hard earn money, It's my choice to buy what I want and more to show for! not just a power lift gate!!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts

Well thanks for you constructive input Brimill instead of your sarcasm, as for the farting in your seat, there has been many @sses farting in yours since it came from the port off the ship into the show room!!!!!!! but unlike you, I want more bang for my buck!! thanks for your input PJ, but im tired of these clowns talking trash when it seems to be a more deeper personal issue that they have with in them selves! the point is for $56000 of my hard earn money, It's my choice to buy what I want and more to show for! not just a power lift gate!!
I hear you...but I don't think that's the case, they are good natured chaps who love a fair amount of humor in their commentary...I wouldn't take it as a personal dig at all. Having said that, I had completely forgotten about the Houston based shop here mentioned above, and they are just a few miles away, so I may have to take a trip over there, I wouldn't mind a bit more power, even though I'm never disappointed by the response when I hammer it! By the way, whatever happened with color coding the shifter!?? :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
lehigh_guy
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing