RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have some kind of liquid dripping after shutoff, following a spirited drive today. It sounds similar to how my engine mounts sounded when they were shot. (Same scalding water dripping sound with water dripping under the car after aggressive driving.) I'm experiencing more jerking when my tranny shifts from 2 to 1 when slowing down. I also feel the car swinging more between shifts.

Any ideas? Transfer case mount?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fstR_rFGiws

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Ya gotta give us more to go on. I had no clue scalding water sounded different than cold water dripping. :lol:

Seriously, what colour is the liquid? Is it slick like a fluid or basic like... water? You did take into account your A/C drains that exit on each side of the tranny... right? Since your region had high humidity yesterday I would bet those drains were working over time yesterday.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha sorry, I realize that was a bit unclear. The reason the scalding water sounded different was because the liquid would hit the catalytic converter or area around it before falling, causing a burning/scalding sound.

I will try and get a better look at it later

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess it could be, will check out the car much better in a few weeks when I can get her on a lift. Really want to figure out the hard downshifting/swaying in between shifts issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts