RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering what a PITA it is, I was thinking of just removing it completely. Has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Those lines are open to exhaust, so you would need to fashion some sort of a cap for it, but other then that(assuming yours is disabled) it should be fine.

That said, it's 3 bolts and a vacuum line to remove, and it shouldn't be coming off all that often, so I'm not sure on how productive of an adventure this would turn out to be.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have looked at my software and it is enabled. Simple enough process to turn it off, so no worries there. As for the lines, I am aware, been removing it for ages on audi :)

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
I have seen people removing the so-called crap SAI system; as for me how can i enable the software without going to the dealer? I want the system to work in my car. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can turn it on for you. Would require flashing the ecu, but I can send you a loaner cable. Not sure why you'd want it though.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
Thanks ddillenger, how can we get this done? I want the car to work the way it was originally designed to function. Can send you my phone no or e-mail address?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I had these bits on my '04 and never felt like it was much work or difficult in any way to remove or replace them when I did my timing cover gaskets. What is the tricky part? Are your bolts corroded or something? I agree that as long as the openings are properly sealed it should be fine though.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had these bits on my '04 and never felt like it was much work or difficult in any way to remove or replace them when I did my timing cover gaskets. What is the tricky part? Are your bolts corroded or something? I agree that as long as the openings are properly sealed it should be fine though.
The bolts were indeed corroded, someone had stripped one, and to be honest, when I did it I didn't realize that they just came out of the heads right there. Had I known with the 3 bolts out I could have removed them, It would have made things easier.

I just don't see the need for them to be there if the system is disabled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts