RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking all over at various dash overlay kits, more-than-I-can-afford carbon fiber kits, (like this one from Arden...)

I have been going back and forth between laying some carbon fiber cloth and resin on top (although I would probably experiment on someone else's car parts first :lol:)
...But I thought it would be easier if I could just paint the awful grey plastic. I was wondering if I couldn't just take off the plastic faceplates, sand them, paint them black, and clear coat them.

Thought it might look like this, but without the sticker edges!

Any thoughts?

For the record, I tried the search feature but didn't have any luck. If I've missed something, please redirect me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
kstatenupe said:
That red carbon fiber pic is HOT!!! That would look great in my truck.
you were the first one i thought of when i saw that pic. i should have taken a pic of a 2010 autobiography FFRR i saw the other week. it was all red & black on the inside. the red seat inserts with red stitching was nice.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Jbrac25 has his painted piano black. Looks pretty sweet

Here is a pic I took of the 2010 autobiography...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No jbrac didn't paint his, I already asked him about that, but thanks....
Anyone done this? I feel like SOMEONE must have!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Paul
I did paint them piano black. I thought you saw it. I only have the piano kit which is the stick on stuff for the pieces around the radio.
jeff
This was before i put the dash kit on but ill have to get pics of that later. All these pieces are painted piano black.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh! My bad I thought that part was stickers and the hockey sticks and steering wheel were what you got in real piano black.

My bad!

I've got to talk to you any ways about that problem I was having anyways so I'll hit you up next week. Thanks bud! Would still like to see pictures though!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
guys - what do you think if i wrapped it with the carbon fiber vinyl wrap?

I however, have a tan interior. That would not flow! :hand:
I really want to change up my interior - looks so dated to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts