RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making right turn on a red light with a dealer loaner (evoque), waited for few seconds, there's no car on the lane I was gonna turn into. The moment I turn into that lane, a civic supposed on the left lane merge to the right lane slam on the brake. The hit was pretty light, only scratch on both bumper, some plastic trim loose. I was in rush, so i didnt call police, She took a pic of my Loaner paper(she didn't ask my insurance or driver license, weird) . I did took a pic of her driver license and her insurance card and the damage to her bumper. I don't know who's at fault, but there's one witness( a tourist from Seatle) said she slammed the brake, there's no car in front of her. What do u guys think who's at fault? and how am I gonna deal with this kind of situation? I will probably go to my dealer at San Francisco tomorrow see what to do. I don't even have my insurance paper with me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You should have gotten a police report to confirm she was at fault .. It works like any other accident. If she was at fault she should file a claim with his or her insurance. However if somthing goes wrong it's going to be comming out of yiur insurance/detectable

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It could be a mess, depends on state laws. Not sure about CA. It was probably a mistake not to get a police report if you weren't at fault. Did the person hit you from behind, or did you rear end them? It sounds like you rear ended the civic? If so 99% chance they'd say it was your fault no matter what happened... so you'd be paying (maybe - depending state law, the dealer's insurance might be responsible) whether there was a police report or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts