RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Would love to figure out a way to have a couple chairs on the top of my RR Sport to sit up there and take in the night sky or just flat out hang out up top.

Is that too much weight for the car? Can it even support that?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Folks sleep on their Range Rover roofs. I don't see why you couldn't sit up there.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I'd be interested in this as well. I've been trying to come up with idea's on how to take my mother in law places without her actually having to ride inside the car with us.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
66 Posts
I'd be interested in this as well. I've been trying to come up with idea's on how to take my mother in law places without her actually having to ride inside the car with us.
LOL!!!
Mother in law and all, please consider your State's seatbelt laws ;)

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Is that too much weight for the car? Can it even support that?

Thanks
We have roof top tents. As I've explained before, the weight limit on a roof rack isn't due to the static load, it is due to having a load of say 100lbs. that is still moving down while the vehicle is already coming back up on leaving a large pothole, etc. or vice-versa.

Compared to those forces you standing or sitting or laying on the rack is nothing. I am talking about a quality rack, though, not a tin foil POS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts