RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Having a Dispute with Land Rover about whether or not my 2019 RRS HSE Dynamic should have come with Dynamic Volume Control. Every Bit of Literature (including website) State that it is standard on this model. But they are trying to tell me me vehicle was built without it and it was an option omitted when ordering.

This can not be It is STANDARD not and option. Please chime in to let me know who has it and who does not.

Just another bit... I also have the 2019 f pace(currently in the shop) for this very reason and many others and I am getting the crazy run around even from mawah NJ saying it does was not built with it as well even though YES again Standard. The funny thing about this is Ashley the rep. tried telling me My F pace S was only a base model and it doesnt come on it. when i directed her to the website to see for herself that even the BASE model comes standard with it she said i was wrong and they cannot and will not help me.

Sorry for the rant just got off the phone with them..... But please Chime in need to know if this is a common problem that they know about and just refuse to help with.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
what is this dynamic volume control?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
volume raises and lowers with the speed of the vehicle and ambient noise

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the top of the line Meridian and I don't have that feature (on a 2019 SVR) - at least I can't seem to find it through the various menus. I assumed it would come with a $4,500 stereo. It's on my $30K Honda. My build sheet does not show the dynamic volume control (or anything similarly worded) as an option.

The website indicates that it is available - but only mentions the base model and the 825w versions: https://www.landroverusa.com/ownership/incontrol/incontrol-touch-pro.html

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Yeah, this has never been a feature of the meridian system in North America. It wasn't a feature of the Harman-Kardon system of the L320 and L322 either. The only Land Rover products I've seen it in was in Europe in the early 2000s - I saw it in a gen 1 Freelander and a gen 2 Discovery.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
The website indicates that it is available - but only mentions the base model and the 825w versions: https://www.landroverusa.com/ownership/incontrol/incontrol-touch-pro.html
The website, and specifically this page as well, has bigger disclaimers than my full size Range Rover regarding its accuracy. For example:

"12. All illustrations, photographs and specifications on this page are based on the Discovery Vision Concept vehicle. Since this is still a prototype vehicle and final design, equipment, and accessories have not been determined, actual production vehicles may differ from the one shown. "

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got a 2019 Supercharged Dynamic with the 825W system and I have never seen anything about the Dynamic Volume Control.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, good. I'm not losing my mind. A 2019 with the 825 too, and never seen or heard anything about it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for your input it really helps in times like this, we need to support each other...

OK so it looks like they did not install it on the new range rovers for whatever reason, so they win on that point.

But..... I know this is a range rover forum but seeing that I am dealing with essentially the same company I will mention a bit further for those that may be interested.. The Jaguar f pace for 2018 and 2019 advertise In sales brochures and online builds that each and every model from the base to top of line comes with Dynamic Volume Control as a standard feature. I brought it in last month for a rough idle and the forward collision not working seemed to never go off even at the most sensitive setting(same Problem on current RRS) as well as the Phone pack update. I also asked them to activate winter wiper park and check the Dynamic volume..

When i picked it up they said engine runs fine and they installed winter wiper park and DYNAMIC volume and check it to be working(lies). When i got it back on my way home The feature for winter wiper park was not installed(not on user menu) and NO dynamic volume. I actually went in to talk with the GM of the dealership and while talking to him about this he asked on of the head service reps if she could activate winter wiper park and she said yes that it is easily done through the drivers menu. Rather than argue with them i politely said I believe you have to hook it up to Pathfinder to do it and he said no, give me your keys and so he could bring it in the back for them to do it.....

So after about 15min. he came out into the showroom and I said hows things going he said great and asked me if i would like to come back with him.. we walked back and i saw that they had the car hooked up to the computer so i said with a smile "They had to hook it up to Pathfinder didn't they" and he smiled back and answered yes. so after about another 15 min. of small talk with two techs and the gm, the tech looked up and said, This car doesnt have that feature and no way to hook it up, I looked at the gm and asked if he would mind if i helped them and he said knock yourself out. I walked up to the tech and guided them to the Customer customizable setting tab and within that tab was winter wiper park,wipe on up, passive arming, Mirror dip as well as some other settings. They looked at me as if that was the first time they ever saw such a menu..

now if i was not standing there with them and just picking up me vehicle as all of us do i would have gotten the response of your car does not have this feature or there is nothing wrong with your car.

I luckily new where to find that menu setting from both reading and chatting with folks like yourselves on forums and researching through searches. But i am unsure of whats happening with Dynamic volume on the fpace. I called corporate and the rep who took my claim told me it was not built with it even though everything says its standard and she brushed me off and told me to complain to the dealership i bought it at.

I would like to add that i don't really care about this feature all that much for all i know i might never use it but i would like to be given a legitimate reason for it not being on the vehicle, not just a generic answer because no one wants to take the time to REALLY look into it to get to the bottom of the problem.

I share this story with you because all too often we get brushed offed when having concerns with our vehicle and it is all too easy for dealerships and mechanics to just say Nothing wrong with it or that's Normal for that engine/vehicle or in this case your vehicle doesn't come with that option.

I would like to encourage more visitors to this site to sign up and participate productively because in the end we all need the help and support one time or another. I unfortunately through experiences have learned that I have to cover my own A** so not to be taken advantage of and I feel that we can help each other do that with our input.

I will keep you informed if you would like to know more.

Mods I hope I didnt overstep with that last part

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
I totally agree, I’ve had the same treatment from Infiniti at a local dealer. I hate the feeling of knowing there’s an issue but the reps telling me I’m crazy and trying to make me feel stupid.

It’s only until you post experiences and solutions online, that you have the knowledge to go back and work towards it. Hopefully, there’s some receptive to the suggestions. The WORST is when the SA still won’t listen. All cars have issues, let’s just get it fixed or if there isn’t a fix, just work together, don’t brush it off.

Thank you for the detailed write up of your experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
It sounds like for whatever the reason, you are not happy with the car. You have a brand new RRS with wonderful features, power and handling, and you are nitpicking over issues that you said you would probably never use. Drive and enjoy the car or get rid of it. Sorry to be harsh, but you sound like someone who iwould be unhappy with any car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sounds like for whatever the reason, you are not happy with the car. You have a brand new RRS with wonderful features, power and handling, and you are nitpicking over issues that you said you would probably never use. Drive and enjoy the car or get rid of it. Sorry to be harsh, but you sound like someone who iwould be unhappy with any car.
Comments like this are definitely not the productive types as i spoke of.. If you really understood what i shared as complaining than you should read it again. I was sharing a very common experience with many of us perhaps you are a special case, can't wait for it to happen to you.

If your responses are not going to be helpful in any way best to just read and move on to next post.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Umm, actually given the price of these vehicles one has the right to comment about ANYTHING not working the way it's supposed to. The RRS I just custom ordered has an MSRP of 112K after sales tax. Best believe I will "nitpick" over anything that doesn't;t work the way I paid for it to and I won't feel like I'm an unhappy person by doing so.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, this has never been a feature of the meridian system in North America. It wasn't a feature of the Harman-Kardon system of the L320 and L322 either. The only Land Rover products I've seen it in was in Europe in the early 2000s - I saw it in a gen 1 Freelander and a gen 2 Discovery.
My 2007 L320 supercharged has it but I believe it's called adaptive volume. I don't have the logic7 unit, just the basic harman kardon one. The option is fairly hidden however. To access it, the button with the music notes symbol on it needs to be held for about 5 seconds and the option for sensitivity is in that menu. Even with it turned all the way up, I can only just notice it. It's possible that the later models are the same and it's in a hidden menu somewhere.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My car when I got it was suppose to have the rear cooler built into the center console. All the literature mentioned this. On my car there are only three possible extras: 1300W Meridian, 22” wheels, and executive style seating; I optioned all three. But when I got the car it didn’t not have the rear cooler and the dealer said they didn’t see it in the options sheet and it was possible I didn’t order it which didn’t make any sense since there were only three packages (apart from colors, trim, etc).

To this day I love the car and it runs great. I don’t complain about the cooler to anyone and I only mentioned it because I saw that the OP is seemingly unhappy with such a wonderful car and he mentions he doesn’t even care to use this feature whereas I would have liked to keep bottles of cool water in the rear center console especially during the summer.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
181 Posts
My 2009 HSE (Logic 7) has adaptive volume. My 2006 Jaguar SV8 has adaptive volume. But a brand new RR doesn't??
Options are strange, as my 2006 Jaguar SV8 has adaptive cruise as standard (yes it existed in 2006). It's pretty sad that in 2006 it was standard (not an option), and in 2019 after paying 90K+ they want more $$ for adaptive cruise as, it is an "option". Sad times.
I feel your pain with the dealer. I had my car in to have certain "owner option settings" activated, when they said my car did not come with auto sensing wipers. I told them I had the build sheet, and it did. The tech said no way. I set the wiper stalk to auto, came back into the garage, threw a cup of water on the windshield, watched the wiper work, walked away and told them to get that tech off my car. ALL X350 model Jags were mfg with Auto sensing wipers (not an option)
Don't get me wrong. Not all techs are idiots, just that one. When my cars have to go to the dealer I am very fortunate to now have a great service manager, and techs that are very forgiving and understanding.
Forums like this one save us from the idiots. My SM/tech loves it when I have done my homework. Like when I brought in the the customer option check list filled out for him. This (PDI) sheet was obtained from the guys on this forum, thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts