RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an '06 RR 4.2L Supercharged. The AC went out, figured it was the compressor. Flushed the system put a new compressor, condenser, drier in, evacuated the system and added the 700gm or R134a. When the AC switches on the High side doesn't move much - around 115psi. The low side drops from 115psi down to 75psi. In researching I have found that the TXV (thermostatic expansion valve) may be stuck open and not allowing enough pressure to build before the refrigerant enters the evaporator.

I purchased a new TXV and o-rings. Anyone change the TXV? Does the dash need to come out? Thx!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I'd update this. After posting my original questions I spoke with the local independent LR mechanic. I asked him how difficult it is to install the TXV. He said he didn't know because in all his years he hadn't needed to replace one. The part rarely, if ever, fails.

With that I focussed my attention on the AC compressor. Rather than try another refurb I bought a new Sanden JPB 500210 for $585 from BuyAutoParts. Shipped same day. I flushed all the lines (all were clean), installed a new condenser with receiver/dryer and the system works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts