RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just read about a peice of diagnostic equipment in Rovers magazine that I have not heard about before, and after going to the company website and looking at it's capabilities it seems very comprehensive. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this equipment and can offer an objective comparison to the other units mentioned in this forum such as the MSV-2 by BBS which is what I was considering before I read about the DEC Superscan. I like that the software is not server based and resides in your own PC rather than having to license access to a server. There are also many other vehicle manufacturer's modules available with the initial package for a comparable price to a Land Rover only system. Check out these links.
http://www.ilexa.co.uk/content/category/2/7/15/
http://decautomotive.com.ar/

·
Registered
922 Posts
Depends what you want it for...if only for your favourite P38 etc then from a quick scan of capability it offers about 10% of BBS for a multiple of the price 8-0=
Laptop based dual trace 'scopes are getting cheaper by the day... still doesn't add up ...

Perhaps BBS is working on a new 'front end' however for clearer reading? :wink: :?:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can confirm one fact after the week i've had with different garages & diagnostics.

The faultmate system & BBS's software just cannot be beaten. Sod the rest. I've never been so confused in my life as to why these companies say their coverage is comprehesive. What a load of bollocks!

Save yourself hassle, give Colin a blank check & just tell him what you want.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Rick-the-Pick said:
Save yourself hassle, give Colin a blank check & just tell him what you want.
Thats just the problem....blank cheque gets filled in with many 000000000s after the 9.

Now that the L322 is fast moving into the aftermarket workshops we need to look elsewhere.
Paying top wack for a system that is very fast fading away is of no benefit to the repair shop.

I've tried the Super scan and its pretty impressive, back up is tops.

Was quoted 1590 pounds for full LR SS2

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Ordered and recieved the Superscan II, it works great...apart from the fact that they forgot to add the EAS function board to the SSII so I sent them a e-mail barely a hour ago, lets just hope it was forgotten and not an additional charge, if so it gets returned for a refund as it stipulates nowhere the board is a extra cost.

Apart from the above moan it functions really fast and operation is easy, has large coverage on all models...we'll see how it goes

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
36 Posts
Any feedback after you have used the Superscan for a few months?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts