RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barbagallo (landrover Dealer) want $ 725.00 Au for a new key.Has anybody found a cheaper way ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sargs.

Have you tried 'Southern Land Rover' as well ? Otherwise give my mechanic at Jordan Rovertech in the "Bronx of Bentley" a buzz & they should help you out dude !

Picked up my replacement servicing handbook from 'Southern' which was half the price compared to Alf Barbagallo's, considering the family runs both dealerships.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah $450 from MLR in Melbourne - had to be coded in the UK and shipped to them though so took a few weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the info.
I spoke to southern also and they quoted the same 725 , and 60 for coding to the car. If I'm not mistaken you can code it to the car using the instructions in RAVE.
Can only dealerships order the keys from Land Rover UK?

Maybe I can try order it through a dealership over east and just get it coded at southern? 450 sounds a lot better than 725

·
Registered
59 Posts
The instructions in RAVE are only for linking the key to a memory position for the seats etc and for resyncing it to the car if the battery dies as far as i know.

In terms of the initial link to the car it needs to be supplied by LR pre-coded to the VIN i think.

I just got the key through the parts department then did the linking of it to the seat memory position etc myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a new key from the stealership and the service guy wanted to charge me another $140 to program it. The part guy was nice enough to give me a page of instructions and I programmed it myself. It took only 2 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
The earlier L322's I've worked on needing a new key come from BMW Germany, and arrive in a sealed bag marked as such. The key is cut for the VIN supplied when ordering them. They take about 3 to 5 days to arrive. Like Clintto says, it is a 2 minute job to programme the key using the method outlined in the GTR/RAVE.

If you are having problems with the cost, PM me and I can probably get one out to you in 5 to 8 working days via DHL at a cost of around £220GBP + freight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts