RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestion for a good non-aggressive non clear-coating peeling cleaner?

Hi guys,

do you have any suggestion for an exterior cleaner that can be tough on road dirt/grimes (sp?)...also something that also does not peel the wax/ clear coat? I recently noticed a few "stubborn" dirt/road debris that refused to part ways with the paint..truly annoying even though i used meguiar's gold class shampoo on the **** thing. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts
Re: any suggestion for a good non-aggressive non clear-coating peeling cleaner?

That looks to be interior
Its for both.

Trust me, it works.

First line in product description: "Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner is a versatile cleaner for both exterior and interior surfaces."

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts

Wash the car, use a clay bar all over the car while making sure the areas you are working on are wet. Once finished, wash the car again. Then wax.

The clay will take out the stubborn debris embedded in the paint. Use alcohol or goo gone or lighter fluid for areas with tar buildup. No need for fancy products, although most do work.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts

+ 1 on clay bar, and...

I tried this with good results...

Rinsed generously, applied Mothers soap water with a waffle microfiber cloth, rinsed well, dried with a leaf blower.

In shade used clay bar and solution to get rid of buildup,then, washed, dried with blower again. Applied Klasse sealer, followed by carnauba.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts

Clay will remove any waxes you have on your car so be sure to wax right after claying.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks everyone. I'm wearied of using clay bar. I've messed up plenty on the last sport and it left a bunch of haze marks so I will stay away from it. Although I know when properly done its the way to go. Anywho just to confirm the meguairs all purpose cleaner doesn't strip the wax right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts