RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time for new brakes and rotors on my 04 HSE.
I ordered the front and rear rotors, pads, and wear sensors from Atlantic British.

Are there any special tools required when changing the rotors/pads?

I have a local mechanic who possibly may do the job for me.

Thanks is advance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just did mine today - nothing really special needed. Other than basic tools, need an allen head wrench to remove the set screw that holds the rotor in place, a sledge hammer to get the wheels and rotors off, brake parts cleaner as the rotors will be in a plastic bag with oil, High Temp brake grease to lube the pins, (I covered the back of my pads with anti-squeel stuff), C-Clamp to push the piston back in (I opened the bleed screw as I read somewhere that you should do that with anti-lock brakes.) Use caution when putting the new brake sensor into the brake pad as they can break.

Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The only difficult part of changing rotors is to get the caliper bolts off. They are really tight and you need the longest breaker bar that fits back there. Make sure your car is safely on stands. It's a great diy-job, but takes an hour for every wheel if it is your first time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree, the most difficult part is the removal of caliper bolts. I used an air impact wrench. Once that is done everything is easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts