RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is this it? I took these pics of a vehicle at a dealer that was being prepped for delivery to it's owner. The seats looked great in person. I am saying that and I ordered the black/cirrus combo.

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks
looks great!!!
I think that combo requires HSE.

Anyone have the reverse (almond seats and espresso accents) ?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I "bought" a FSRR with this exact combo last Saturday, a black one !! When I say "bought" here's what happened...

It was my Birthday so we went to Palm Desert for the weekend, on the way to the Hotel we decided to pay our friend a visit, he is a sales consultant on the LR side, we got yapping and he told me they have a new FSRR just off the Truck which someone ordered and cancelled the Day before.

"Come and take a look" He said, so we did, it was parked out back. He opened it up and asked if we had 10 minutes for a test drive.

My Wife fell in love with it... "Get it" she said, "oooohhhh it's got massage seats" then she started changing all the ambient Colors etc. It had the Pano Roof.

We got back to the Dealer and had to elnlist the help of a couple of other salesmen to extract her from it.

So I said, OK, sold, I will pay for it tomorrow and do all the paperwork etc.

The next morning (Sunday), I called to see if he was there and he asked if we had a residence in the Palm Springs/Desert area, I said no, why?

He told me they couldn't sell me the Car because I was out of their territory and LR were very strict on that these Days. But at least I know what interior I want, I love the Black but I think I will go for Fuji, like my sport. I've had a lot of Black Cars but white stays cooler in the sun and keeps it's "Just detailed" appearance for a few Days longer. IMHO.

This is only my personal opinion, tastes vary, but for practical reasons, I prefer the Dark seats in any combo because the Almonds and other lighter colors can soak up the Dye from dark Jeans etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He told me they couldn't sell me the Car because I was out of their territory and LR were very strict on that these Days. But at least I know what interior I want, I love the Black but I think I will go for Fuji, like my sport. I've had a lot of Black Cars but white stays cooler in the sun and keeps it's "Just detailed" appearance for a few Days
Interesting. I live just north of Houston with a dealer 20 minutes from my house, but bought (ok just ordered with deposit) mine from the Fort Worth, Texas dealer.......approx. 4 hours away. They gave me less than MSRP.

·
Registered
382 Posts

The next morning (Sunday), I called to see if he was there and he asked if we had a residence in the Palm Springs/Desert area, I said no, why?

He told me they couldn't sell me the Car because I was out of their territory and LR were very strict on that these Days....
I had this exact encounter in 2013 with Desert Luxury Motor Cars in Palm Desert (which is the dealership you're referring to).

Before I got my 2014 RR from Monterey Jaguar Land Rover I found a 2013 at Desert Luxury. They gave me the same lame reason for not selling to me. I was very suspect of this as I purchased my XJL from British Motor Cars in San Francisco which is technically not my territory either. So I asked BMC if they've heard of such a thing; much to my surprise they said YES! However they said it has nothing to do with franchise rules, sales territories, etc. - it's just the dealer using an "industry excuse". He said if it were true they wouldn't be able to sell me the XJL as I reside more than 100mi away.

My suspicion is/was that Desert Luxury Motors was holding out for a buyer who was willing to pay above MSRP (for the record they had it advertised for MSRP). From my perspective they just lost a sale. :dance:

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,460 Posts
I had this exact encounter in 2013 with Desert Luxury Motor Cars in Palm Desert (which is the dealership you're referring to).

Before I got my 2014 RR from Monterey Jaguar Land Rover I found a 2013 at Desert Luxury. They gave me the same lame reason for not selling to me. I was very suspect of this as I purchased my XJL from British Motor Cars in San Francisco which is technically not my territory either. So I asked BMC if they've heard of such a thing; much to my surprise they said YES! However they said it has nothing to do with franchise rules, sales territories, etc. - it's just the dealer using an "industry excuse". He said if it were true they wouldn't be able to sell me the XJL as I reside more than 100mi away.

My suspicion is/was that Desert Luxury Motors was holding out for a buyer who was willing to pay above MSRP (for the record they had it advertised for MSRP). From my perspective they just lost a sale. :dance:
It's not just Desert Luxury Motors that won't sell to an "outside the area buyer". 2 dealers that I have visited in Northern California and one in SoCal also have this policy.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

You're correct Sir, it was Desert Luxury Motors, I always like to stop by and have a Gander.

I wasn't really that bothered, I always like to support local Businesses and I know everyone at Newport Beach LR, I must admit I felt like I was cheating on them a bit, but that's just me. On top of that, I was wondering what I was going to do with my '13 RRS. I wasn't going to trade it in.

True, they lost a sale, but I don't think it will be sitting on the Lot for long, it's going for MSRP. The Dealers are probably protecting each others' Franchise Territory.

To the OP: Sorry for hijacking your thread, but going back to it, I really like the interior color combo, my advice is any combo you've never seen in real life needs to be checked out for real before pulling the Trigger, the Brown is a little darker than shown in the Pics on this thread. The Almond gives the interior a lighter, more spacious appeal. IMO.

·
Registered
382 Posts
....And it's me who should apologize for jacking the thread! I'm the one who derailed the main topic (sorry). :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha, it's ok!
i think i'm going to change to santorini black and the espresso/almond interior w/ almond seats.

anyone have that combo???

·
Registered
81 Posts
I "bought" a FSRR with this exact combo last Saturday, a black one !! When I say "bought" here's what happened...

It was my Birthday so we went to Palm Desert for the weekend, on the way to the Hotel we decided to pay our friend a visit, he is a sales consultant on the LR side, we got yapping and he told me they have a new FSRR just off the Truck which someone ordered and cancelled the Day before.

"Come and take a look" He said, so we did, it was parked out back. He opened it up and asked if we had 10 minutes for a test drive.

My Wife fell in love with it... "Get it" she said, "oooohhhh it's got massage seats" then she started changing all the ambient Colors etc. It had the Pano Roof.

We got back to the Dealer and had to elnlist the help of a couple of other salesmen to extract her from it.

So I said, OK, sold, I will pay for it tomorrow and do all the paperwork etc.

He told me they couldn't sell me the Car because I was out of their territory and LR were very strict on that these Days. But at least I know what interior I want, I love the Black but I think I will go for Fuji, like my sport. I've had a lot of Black Cars but white stays cooler in the sun and keeps it's "Just detailed" appearance for a few Days longer. IMHO.

This is only my personal opinion, tastes vary, but for practical reasons, I prefer the Dark seats in any combo because the Almonds and other lighter colors can soak up the Dye from dark Jeans etc.
which version that offer the massage option in the seat?!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
thanks a lot for the photos...
it make it more clear in my head now..
and i'm almost decided to FUJI WHITE + ALMOND/ESPRESSO exactly like yours (i hope no copyrights :p:p)
what you think of these combination?????

but does anyone know what is the color of Hybrid one???? :roll:
i asked 3 dealers
and each one give me a name...:-x

Range-Rover-Hybrid-Frankfurt-Live-2013-08.jpg range-rover-sport-hybrid-1.jpg Range-Rover-Sport-Hybrid.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
I thought Aleutian silver was had light green base. I do however really like this color, too bad not offered in US if it is Paris blue

1 - 20 of 24 Posts