RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 RR HSE

I replaced my pump a long time ago and two ride height sensors in the back. I also replaced the font passenger side air strut which had a leak. My Rover stays at a good height so it's not something I've messed with but with time off over the holidays I figured I better get busy. I get the error that it can't release pressure once the pumps comes on for a little while. I then get the ride height fault that dings over 35mps.

I've taken off the silencer from the pump but that does nothing. Is there anywhere else it would release pressure?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Brad, maybe air dryer stuck or according to weather conditions dryer is freezing over night
inhad stuck valve one time there was no jinjin and speed limit.
If that were the case air wouldn't be able to enter the system either... I suppose that's easy enough to test, go to access then off road height. You'll get some pressure static while rising code if the compressor can't force air through the drier. That is if air exiting the system even passes through the drier. I honestly can't remember how it's arranged.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't get to off road height either. The ONLY thing I can do is if my Rover has lowered any I can get it to normal height. To do that I have to push for it to raise right when I start the car. Right after I do that I have to hit it to lower. That takes me right to the middle. It then raises to drive height but eventually I get the error about not being able to release air. If I don't do those things gives me an error pretty quickly after starting and sometimes doesn't even come on at all.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I can't get to off road height either. The ONLY thing I can do is if my Rover has lowered any I can get it to normal height. To do that I have to push for it to raise right when I start the car. Right after I do that I have to hit it to lower. That takes me right to the middle. It then raises to drive height but eventually I get the error about not being able to release air. If I don't do those things gives me an error pretty quickly after starting and sometimes doesn't even come on at all.
try what OP did and remove the silencer, if that is a remedy drill a hole in it then re-fit.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Robbing, how long did you let the system go with front strut leak? What is the ACTUAL error you getting? Are referring to the dash display or are using real diagnostic gear?

I can not think of any actual error that has to do with releasing air.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Robbing, how long did you let the system go with front strut leak? What is the ACTUAL error you getting? Are referring to the dash display or are using real diagnostic gear?

oops... I read his post as "can not get down from off road height" disregard the silencer removal Robbing!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I get the C1A1354 code. Pressure can not release. I didn't go very long with the front strut leak but I did go too long with a bad rear sensor and ended up replacing the pump as well.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Did you get the hoses on the pump connected back the right way when the pump was replaced? Connecting them to the valve block backwards will cause the problem you are having. Theres a thread in here somewhere with pictures of the proper installation, but I can't find it. Looking at the valve block there are 4 hose connections. The one at 7 oclock is a black hose and it goes directly to the compressor, the one at 10 oclock is the feed and return from the front air block valve and it is blue with a white line, the hose at 3 oclock is the connection to the reservoir, and it is a black pipe, and the one directly below that on is the feed and return connecton to the rear block valve and its a blue pipe. These last two are the ones that usually get swapped. The system pressure sensor is located in the valve block. and the supply from the compressor and the feeds out to the front and rear valve blocks are on a common pressure gallery (no isolation valves) only the feed to the reservoir has a solenoid valve to isolate it from the compressor and the valve blocks. This valve is normally energized to provide the high pressure air to the system so the compressor doesn't have to run all the time when the air bags need more air. The front and rear block valves open and close to feed the high pressure air to whatever air bag needs more air. The reservoir solenoid valve is closed whenever the vehicle needs to be lowered. If you swap one of the lines to the block valves with the line going to the reservoir the ECU doesn't see a change in height on one end of the truck (usually the back), and since the reservoir is supplying a large volume of high pressure air the sensor doesn't see the pressure decreasing and you end up with this problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts