RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks... I searched for it but couldn't find so asking..

Any ideas approx how long it takes from the time L405 is ready to ship, transported on truck from U.K., then to boat to USA port, like San Diego to be delivered to San Francisco area?

Any insights would be great! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Hey folks... I searched for it but couldn't find so asking..

Any ideas approx how long it takes from the time L405 is ready to ship, transported on truck from U.K., then to boat to USA port, like San Diego to be delivered to San Francisco area?

Any insights would be great! Thanks.
After it's built, the car is at the port within 3-4 days. I have a Sport incoming, was built on 3/3 and on the boat 3/7. The boat arrived in Baltimore on 3/18, customs released it on the 20th. Waiting for it to be loaded on a trailer to be delivered to the dealership - this part usually takes a couple of days after it's on the trailer - from Baltimore to New Hampshire.
West-Coast must be similar, the only difference should be the time spent on the water and on the trailer. The latter is common sense, the former you can check.
Ask someone who recently got their Land Rover on the West Coast to put in their VIN as CargoID here: https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=148883139331094266&url=https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage
That will show every step to delivery.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After it's built, the car is at the port within 3-4 days. I have a Sport incoming, was built on 3/3 and on the boat 3/7. The boat arrived in Baltimore on 3/18, customs released it on the 20th. Waiting for it to be loaded on a trailer to be delivered to the dealership - this part usually takes a couple of days after it's on the trailer - from Baltimore to New Hampshire.
West-Coast must be similar, the only difference should be the time spent on the water and on the trailer. The latter is common sense, the former you can check.
Ask someone who recently got their Land Rover on the West Coast to put in their VIN as CargoID here: https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?frameId=148883139331094266&url=https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage
That will show every step to delivery.
Useful info, thanks! Let me get the vin#...looks like mine is still waiting for software update before leaving the factory .....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looked mine up. it arrived in Baltimore on 3/13. I wonder when it will arrive in MA? Dealer says end April. Seems like a long time :?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did anyone who used the aforementioned tracking system ever see a status of "RETURNED TO SHIPPER"? Mine went from Booked, to Received at Terminal to now showing Returned to Shipper. That sounds like it got sent back to LR. It was supposed to depart Southampton port today on a ship. The ship has indeed departed, but sounds like my Rover isn't on it.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,081 Posts
I've heard of people having "returned to shipper" status before but am unsure how much it affected delivery. If you search some of the 2015 and 2016 build/order threads at least in the L494 forum, there will be more information about what eventually happened.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Did anyone who used the aforementioned tracking system ever see a status of "RETURNED TO SHIPPER"? Mine went from Booked, to Received at Terminal to now showing Returned to Shipper. That sounds like it got sent back to LR. It was supposed to depart Southampton port today on a ship. The ship has indeed departed, but sounds like my Rover isn't on it.
that same thing meant a delay of delivery of my 405 in January by about 10 days. Black box, no information whatsoever on the why. Tough, but it's just a bit more delay.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Returned to shipper could mean the paperwork was not accurate, a flaw or damage was discovered or it fell off the ramp and is totaled. No matter what it is up to LR to decide how to proceed, repair or reprint corrected paperwork. Let's hope it is just paperwork and not another ramp incident....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you for the (mostly) reassuring feedback. :) I had done a search on the 494 forum but only got one thread with a hit for "returned to shipper". In that case the poster never came back to provide an update.

Glad to hear that someone else experienced it, and it only resulted in a minor delay.

Hopefully it ends up on the next boat.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine is showing eta California coast on 4/24!:dance:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts