RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the part number for this for a P38A. From research I have gathered that they are clearly a collectors item and
Are very rare to find. Anybody have one? If I got the dimensions I might be able to contact my metal fabricator and have him make me one. I have the ash grey interior and can source that for the finishing. The removable bracket is a mystery on how it locks into the boot. Any knowledge on this would be helpful.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STC8018AB. Is the part number I found. I'm not sure if the AB is needed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
http://www.shop4landrover.co.uk/product/Gun|Security_Box_STC8018AB

that says 870mm by 190mm and looks to be roughly square in section, so it would indeed be about right for two shotguns. Mine had an aftermarket gun case roughly that size bolted to the frame for the LPG tank but the previous owner removed it (would have been nice if he'd also removed the live .30-06 rounds that were rattling around under the rear seats loose, too).

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
L brackets with captive nuts are mounted to the spare tyre cover. the box is secured to those with thumb wheel screws through the bottom of the box. Using this method the box, in theory, can not be removed once locked. Directions are in the Accessory fitment section of the full version of RAVE if you have it. If I go into the shop today I can post them.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
L brackets with captive nuts are mounted to the spare tyre cover. the box is secured to those with thumb wheel screws through the bottom of the box. Using this method the box, in theory, can not be removed once locked. Directions are in the Accessory fitment section of the full version of RAVE if you have it. If I go into the shop today I can post them.
Here you go RRTH- save you a trip to work!
gunbox.JPG

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
In true RAVE form that's only part of the directions. Here is all 5 pages including... wait for it... 3/2, 4/2 and 5/2. I know there's a good joke in there. :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
In true RAVE form that's only part of the directions. Here is all 5 pages including... wait for it... 3/2, 4/2 and 5/2. I know there's a good joke in there. :mrgreen:
I should know by now that RAVE actually exists in a slightly different dimension where time, space and page sequences are never what they appear to be

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Yea... rather a "Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits" kind of reference source. Still a dang good first point to check even with Leslie Stevens and Rod Serling messing with it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. Gentleman that is super helpful. Now I'm eyeing the holland and holland picnic tables for the back of the seats. ��

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
The tray tables are not a Holland and Holland item. They were just a general accessory like dog guard, tool kit, security case or gun case. They came in black and ivory and pop up on eBay on occasion.

·
Registered
690 Posts
So I guess you need to unlock the box to get at the handle for the spare wheel cover?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like you can mount it off to the right of that handle. I have explored a similar option with an aluminum locking tool box for about $95.00. The difficulty was in the mounting bracket system. Thanks to RRTH I can use Land Rovers. I was looking for a smaller security system and found one in a Bulldog 1100 model. It uses a key and can store a wallet, cell phone, cash or other small items in the space where my cd ,changer used to be. I have more photos but will share them via PM. IMG_6688.JPG
The blue and red item to the left of the box is some recovery webbing and a carabiner. FYI. It has nothing to do with the outer case

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now that is cool. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dark suit, sunglasses, earpiece, fitted locking security case handcuffed to my wrist...

I take my sandwiches very seriously.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
I have that in the MW Carl.. Did I get that from you?

Scotty

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Came with Granite editions from Special Vehicles. They were still available through the group in Utah... Cant remember what they changed their name to. They were also the last to have the factory tool kits, sunglass holders and blinds when a buddy checked. Of course he beat me to their last pic nic table kit for the spare tyre cover. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts