RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically the switch comes up a bit and separates about 2cm from the sill. Here is not so great a pic, but its the best I can do for now.

Do I just use this separation to pull up? Does it just pop out and pop back in?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey Dave
Yes it just pops up and back in. Its just clipped in. So if its not going down flush theres prolly some wires under it that need to be adjusted so it can sit right.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jbrac25 said:
Hey Dave
Yes it just pops up and back in. Its just clipped in. So if its not going down flush theres prolly some wires under it that need to be adjusted so it can sit right.
Cool man, let me mess with it tonight. It's annoying how it won't sit flush.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welp. One of the metal clips broke. Hence it not being able to grip the sill tightly. *sigh*

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ukraine Range said:
Goinkin said:
Welp. One of the metal clips broke. Hence it not being able to grip the sill tightly. *sigh*
that's why they invented crazy glue. just put some underneath the lip of the switch and problem solved.
But then what if it needs to be accessed again? Knowing my luck, the switch will break next week and need to be replaced and stuck to the sill.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jbrac25 said:
Dave
I would think that would be a warranty covered item. Is your rrs out of warranty now?
No it's still under warranty. I guess I'll add it on to the list of things for next time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Goinkin said:
Ukraine Range said:
Goinkin said:
that's why they invented crazy glue. just put some underneath the lip of the switch and problem solved.
But then what if it needs to be accessed again? Knowing my luck, the switch will break next week and need to be replaced and stuck to the sill.
Good point.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess at that point they can just pry it out huh?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Goinkin said:

Yes. I also would just do a few tack spots of glue anyway - don't run a full bead otherwise it'll never come up. One up top, one in the middle, one at the lower corner.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ukraine Range said:
Goinkin said:

Yes. I also would just do a few tack spots of glue anyway - don't run a full bead otherwise it'll never come up. One up top, one in the middle, one at the lower corner.
What kind of glue?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts