RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have a few connections to investigate with my '93 LWB intermittent mis-fire problem, but is there any history of the Lucas kit STC1856 IAM module going bad?

I recall buyng the kit from a non-AB source, truck wouldn't run right, finally took it to the shop, and they said the module I had was bad, and they installed a new one, problem solved. Now that it's doing it again, I wonder if that is again the problem.

How can I test the unit?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have only tested IAM’s by installing them. I keep two known good IAM’s as on-board spares.

There was a time when the relocation kits had faulty wiring from the manufacturer. I think this included some from AB. I thought I had one of these kits, but it turned out the wiring on my 1995 LWB differed from the kit’s instructions. Once I figured that out it has run 100%.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I still have a few connections to investigate with my '93 LWB intermittent mis-fire problem, but is there any history of the Lucas kit STC1856 IAM module going bad?

I recall buyng the kit from a non-AB source, truck wouldn't run right, finally took it to the shop, and they said the module I had was bad, and they installed a new one, problem solved. Now that it's doing it again, I wonder if that is again the problem.

How can I test the unit?
test procedure is on the rave, as stated above yes there was a time when the relo kit was a disappointment either out of box or soon after going into service.
chances are quality control has continued to fail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts