RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to do maintenance below the truck in the future, and this thread can be interesting for someone sometime further.
Through internet i've found shops than sell orange Polybush set for L322 Range Rover, but then I've realized that other colours exists.

Isn't many reviews from L322 owners through internet, so here's the chance to talk about it.

da8897.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have experience with them on my classic and discovery, but not the orange. I have used red (which if I remember correctly is supposed to be the stiffest) and the blue (which is supposed to be the softest); I believe the orange is supposed to be the happy medium. They both were fine, easy install, but the reds did take a little "motivation" to get them seated the whole way. Not sure about long term durability, as I've only put about 10k combined on the bushings.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
189 Posts
I was wondering about these. I just had the bushings done and opted for OEM, but I'm very interested in this thread.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
They are indeed easier to install but they change the very feel of your Rover. Sadly after all the work to install them, they don't last as long as OEM. If you like the ride and handling of your Rover, but it just needs to be refreshed, stick with OEM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To summarize what i've read:

-Some people say than can save the alignement for longer time. (don't know exactly how they measure this)
-Modify the way you feel the RR (not in bad way according to the user reviews).
-Polybushes are easier to fit in than regular ones.
-In the other hand, some said that polybushes can retain moisture inside the bushing housing, same with dirt that also can wear out the poliuretane.

Most of the reviews are from P38, RR Clasic, Discovery 1 (LR1), Discovery 2 (LR2) users.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
I have never installed them in an L322 but in Disco 3 2 1 and of course my personal classic Rangie.
From my experience servicing cars form Africa in France and many here ( roads are BAD) polybushes are excellent in panhard rods, in tensioners where the main strain is radial (such as between radius arm and axle) and in straight seats as shock absorbers. Not so good in lateral conditions, as in the front and reat tensioner-chassis links in a classic.

If you translate this to your case, try a few in some of the straight or radial cases. Not in the upper triangles.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
I have used these orange polybushes on the front of my range rover 2007 4.2 supercharged L322. The front seems all good and am waiting for the rear to be completed. These were recommended to me by my local garage for longevity. But I guess only time will tell. So far so good approx 1k miles into them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A guy of the LR club here told me than PU bushes transmit more vibration upwards in the vehicle, in other hand, other guy told me PU improves steering and stiff feeling.

I think it's a bet on something different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts