RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
sound clip.

so its been a while now... has anyone had that resonator removed ( i believe that was the part ), and if so, would it be possible to get some sound clips !? :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did any other borla users replace the air fiter with a K&N? Did the borla 1st and experienced the firebreathing rush of air when punching it. Caused me to wonder if that was a restriction or lack of air. Had the dealer, who installed the borla put in the k&n and have seen a reduction in that sound while still enjoying the sweet sound of the exhaust and actually experiencing better mileage. I did not notice much of a fuel usage change prior to the k&n. Combined I could be getting 2 mpg better overall and definitely better on long hauls.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Interesting. Was your original filter pretty clogged up? I thought the selling point with the K&N was the recyclability, not power increases. 2mpg improvement is pretty dang impressive.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No, I'm pretty good at keeping her clean and maintained and drive her as she was designed to be driven at times. So my mileage was (when not trying to save gas or stress) in the 11s now have not seen it below 13.4. Still not great but... I think it is additive to the exhaust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Certainly sounds a lot boomier than the overfinch, but it also looks like its in a underground car park?

Will try and make a better longer video of the overfinch at work (the one I put up involved me putting the camera on the ground in a pretty rough area of south london, so wasnt too keen on sticking around!!!)

·
Registered
458 Posts
ahhh UK. i was going to say... i think you have an issue with your range rover... it appears they put the interior together backwards!

false alarm.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts