RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
is there a diagram we can find anywhere of he rr sport exhaust system, maybe like an undercarriage shot, I really want to do the exhaust and i want to do the right thing to it (dont want to take off anything that i shouldnt)...

also, any more soundclips? i really want to pick up an exhaust soon!

btw did you say that the exhaust is louder than kahn, or better? I am assuming you meant louder when you said "better", thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
i cant get a shot from you but its like directly in the middle of the car, its like a pentagon/triangualr shape and probably the size of your torso. and by better i mean louder and literally sounding better

G

·
0 Posts
1º said:
i cant get a shot from you but its like directly in the middle of the car, its like a pentagon/triangualr shape and probably the size of your torso. and by better i mean louder and literally sounding better
THANKS i think i am going to go ahead and do it, if a problem arises, i can always weld that piece back on... If i do go this route I definitely want to change the tips to something more aggressive/nice looking than the s/c tips

and prayn4sno, i was actually planning on ordering it from jeff this week, its just that i really am worried that its not loud enough for me, and noone has a clip of the borla...

·
Registered
787 Posts
I thought the same...was unsure too loud, not loud enough and no sound bites to compare it too. It was the guys on this forum who convinced me. No b/s I love the way it sounds, its just right classy low rumble on start up and nice throaty note on hard acceleration. I have the HSE by the way, the S/C may sound different. People I dont know comment on the sound when I pull up to a store or something like that. Good luck with your choice.

G

·
0 Posts
yea you feel my pain haha, if i had a sound clip or if anyone could make one i would be all in, the price is right, and im local i am literally a phone call away from ordering it its just i need a sound clip, otherwise im going to just try the custom route with the cutting..

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I really like the sound of the Borla, but it ain't 'loud' by any stretch. In my mind it's 'just right'. Umberto's truck sounds great too.
I like the idea of just removing that center muffler and saving myself $600 (in lieu of buying the Borla systerm). You could also weld it back on if you're not satisfied.
Doubtful that Borla would take back your used system if you were unhappy with it.

G

·
0 Posts
umbertob said:
You gotta listen to my Overfinch full exhaust before cutting anything. :D Maybe we can hook up somewhere in L.A. in the next few days, I am usually all over the place for work.
overfinch = $$$$$$$$$
umbertob thanks for the offer, I really don't want to spend more than 1k on exhaust and the borla @$900 is just right... i hope someone with the borla can do a sound clip for people to hear, esp before i go and cut my exhaust... thanks all for the responses!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Drevs said:
I really like the sound of the Borla, but it ain't 'loud' by any stretch. In my mind it's 'just right'. Umberto's truck sounds great too.
I like the idea of just removing that center muffler and saving myself $600 (in lieu of buying the Borla systerm). You could also weld it back on if you're not satisfied.
Doubtful that Borla would take back your used system if you were unhappy with it.
go for it bro, i really think you wont be disapointed.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Hang tight for another 24 hours...I'll see if I can get a sound clip of my Borla...I particularly like it at cold start up. Also, one additional item, the free flowing Borla seems to allow the system to "breathe" a bit better...I notice that it is a bit smoother on the uptake in higher gears...and of course, the rumble, the tips, the resonating frequency...and the looks...well, you get the picture.

By the way, in case you do go the cut route and cut out the "heart shaped" item, and want to go back, I still have my full original exhaust system, I'm just about to put it up for sale...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Pimpn,

Sorry the prior version didn't work, I've loaded a link to photobucket below.

Best effects to hear it well - plug in a good pair of earphones to your laptop and/or run it through some nice speakers with a sub-woofer. I find that plain laptop or regular computer speakers don't do it justice...can't hear the deep rumble.

PJ

G

·
0 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Pimpn,

I've created a BorlaPJPR.mswmm Movie Maker Video/Sound clip of the Borla to send you...check PM. Unfortunately this is not one of the formats supported by Photobucket, so I'll have to send it via email.

Best effects to hear it well - plug in a pair of earphones to your laptop and/or run it through some nice speakers with a sub-woofer. I find that plain laptop or regular computer speakers don't do it justice...can't hear the deep rumble.

PJ
thank you so much! i sent you a pm with my email addy...

G

·
0 Posts
thank you bud!

hey 1degree: can you listen to this borla clip and tell me how the sound difference is... i really think this borla is a bit too mellow for me i want something a little louder...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
No worries....hope you had a chance to listen with a good sound system or earphones, as unfortunately it doesn't play with a deep rumble if you just listen through the tinny laptop speakers...

Good luck!

·
Registered
240 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
thank you bud!

hey 1degree: can you listen to this borla clip and tell me how the sound difference is... i really think this borla is a bit too mellow for me i want something a little louder...
I feel the same, its not close at all and i am wearing headphones. try the cutting and if you dont like it you could have it replaced. it sounds good when driving normally (not too loud) and you can deffinetly hear it when you floor it. i really think its the best exhaust you can get lol.

·
Registered
240 Posts
PJPR01 said:
No worries....hope you had a chance to listen with a good sound system or earphones, as unfortunately it doesn't play with a deep rumble if you just listen through the tinny laptop speakers...

Good luck!
Thank you PJ for taking the time to post the video.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts