RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
thank you for that clip! It seems as though non of the exhausts for the car are loud at all :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
dont know if anyone is willing to do this but my friends, MIArange, cut off the big center muffler thing under the car and had a straight pipe welded on. I dunno if this si the safest thing to do but so far there havent been any problems and its been over a year. and i almost forgot, IT SOUNDS SO GOOD. it only was about 120$ to do.

i was considering doing this but not sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Eric, pokerplayer (mike) did remove the canister underneath the rear bumper on his RRS when he put the exhaust tips and he said every thing is fine.

Mike, you want to add something?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Drevs said:
Interesting... I was wondering about cutting out the resonators under my rear bumper.
are you talking about the 2 small round things right near the tips? if so we asked about that when we were getting MIArange's exhaust doen and the guy said it wouldnt do anything so we removed the big center muffler thing which made the car sound really good. i was thinking about doing this myself, but does anyone know if this would do anything bad?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
thank you for that clip! It seems as though non of the exhausts for the car are loud at all :(

I like the sound of my borla, I wouldn't want it any louder then it is now. When I get someone to help me I will get a sound clip of it.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking of taking out the smallish muffler looking things that are right upstream from the exhaust tips. The guy where I went said that removing them would cause a drone during highway driving at certain RPM ranges. I dunno...

I like the sound of the borla too, but am not willing to drop $800 just to make my truck sound different and get stainless tips that I already have.

I'd actually entertain the idea of removing the central muffler like MIArange, but I'm thinking it would sound TOO loud... I really don't want a ghettomobile.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Drevs said:
Yeah, I was thinking of taking out the smallish muffler looking things that are right upstream from the exhaust tips. The guy where I went said that removing them would cause a drone during highway driving at certain RPM ranges. I dunno...

I like the sound of the borla too, but am not willing to drop $800 just to make my truck sound different and get stainless tips that I already have.

I'd actually entertain the idea of removing the central muffler like MIArange, but I'm thinking it would sound TOO loud... I really don't want a ghettomobile.
Drevs when MIArange gets back from Bimini ill get a sound clip of his car and so you can hear it, i think its jsut perfect but to each his own.

G

·
0 Posts
jazejeff said:
just the resignators
was it louder or quieter than the borla? And you are talking about the resonators behind the tips or the bigger resonator box under the car towards the middle? I am thinking about doing this because i really want a louder sound

G

·
0 Posts
what would you describe the sound like??? I want to do this ASAP but I am worried if there are any adverse effects and worried what the sound would be like... if someone who did it can get a clip that would be amazing, or anyone in la i would love to meet up and hear a clip of it... because so far from my understanding all the aftermarket exhausts are relatively quiet...

·
Registered
240 Posts
pimpn04coupe said:
what would you describe the sound like??? I want to do this ASAP but I am worried if there are any adverse effects and worried what the sound would be like... if someone who did it can get a clip that would be amazing, or anyone in la i would love to meet up and hear a clip of it... because so far from my understanding all the aftermarket exhausts are relatively quiet...
well from watching the videos of the Kahn exhaust, it sounds alot better. (btw: thnxs pimpn04coupe for posting thoes) I really dont know how to describe it, it sounds like a really good tuned exhuast. When my friend and I took MIArange's car to do it for him and heard the results, our mouths droped to the floor and we were pretty much driving fast for the rest of the day when we had the car. Its really not loud at all, but thats my opinion. its not something you hear like from a 2 blocks away, but you deffinetly hear, it does turn a few heads, and we got alot of compliments about it from random people on the road.

ill try to find a video of somethin sounding similar to it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts