RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting a order together now for a 2018 HSE TD6. Anyone successful in getting any amount of concessions out of your dealer or am I looking at floor mats if I'm lucky? On prior new vehicles I email a bunch of dealers in the area with the model and options, looking for their out-the-door price. Waste of time this go around?

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
If any dealer in this area will work with you it'll be Fife. They always have lower prices in the parts department, the sales team will work hard to locate a perfectly outfitted rig. they work well with Portland and have gone so far as to ship 2 rigs up here for buddies.

For honest, accurate customer service it sure as heck won't be the uptight bunch at Blahview. Their fecal matter doesn't stink and they pride themselves in their self image of being superior to any other dealer. Their pricing is always higher with a hearty "go elsewhere" for discounts and realistic parts pricing.

The "Seattle" dealer.... in the heart of Lynnwood, is a little more laid back and somewhere in the middle, but rarely makes much of an effort to actually deal with customers in hunting up a rig.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was shocked when I learned that $500 off a 2018 was a good deal! Whaaat? I went to another dealer and got the same offer. I eventually when through a internet build and received a call from a dealer who would go up to $1000, big whoop right. That is in mid December when I ordered in Northern Calif. Good luck!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
I think $500-1000 off a 2018 is a good deal. Considering most dealers are still selling 2017s for MSRP - rebate only, at least around here.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
We go through this every new model year. Why should pricing ever be required to be negotiable? Land Rover/Jag is always high in customer satisfaction with their purchases even if they are low in reliability... however that is misleading because there are thousands of happy trouble free customers for every one customer with issues. That is true of all makes and models. Just because other manufacturers ***** themselves out for the lowest common denominator why should LR? If you don't like the published pricing, don't buy it. Now the dealers with the rusty Pinto pushing attitude that take on "market fees" of $5K or $10K for hot desirable new models need to be strung up buy their short and curly bits. :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm a repeat buyer and my sales guy and I are on very good terms...but I think he would still chuckle if I tried to push for less than sticker on my custom order (one of the first 4 '18 Ranges they are getting). Their first 6 months of cars are already sold and he's got a stack of custom orders 10 deep on his desk he can't even order yet due to allocations. Good on anyone that can get a '18 for less than sticker anytime soon, they will be an exception, not the rule.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Until LR announces that pricing is nonnegotiable they are fair game. I say pound out your best deal, just realize it ain’t going to be much! Having said that Tesla sells at sticker price no negotiations, which really is a non-adversarial transaction, almost stress free!��

·
Registered
18 Posts
We go through this every new model year. Why should pricing ever be required to be negotiable? Land Rover/Jag is always high in customer satisfaction with their purchases even if they are low in reliability... however that is misleading because there are thousands of happy trouble free customers for every one customer with issues. That is true of all makes and models. Just because other manufacturers ***** themselves out for the lowest common denominator why should LR? If you don't like the published pricing, don't buy it. Now the dealers with the rusty Pinto pushing attitude that take on "market fees" of $5K or $10K for hot desirable new models need to be strung up buy their short and curly bits. :lol:
I lightly negotiated on a custom order '18 RRS back in November and got 2K off MSRP, just by emailing a few dealers - plus they covered the contrast roof since the website incorrectly has it listed as a no cost option on the V8 Dynamics. If you want to pay MSRP, by all means do so, but to suggest that negotiation is gauche when this is exactly the system that the car dealers have created is strange to me. I'll take the discount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts