RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, couldn't resist the pun, but; I've just locked up the car for the night, and walking back inside, the brake lights come on - all 3 of them. The car was locked, and the lights off. I unlocked the car with the remote, and re-locked it, and they stayed on. After about 20 seconds they turned off by themselves. The wife came home late last night and noticed the same thing, both times there's been nothing on the dash display.

I've just had a look the ETM and am totally baffled. I'm slightly worried this is a dodgy relay, or worse, a logic circuit in the BECM.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've pushed the brake pedal with the ignition off, and the brake lights don't come on (and I just assumed they were working whilst driving). I'll check them though. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
hope its not your BECM. my tail light on the passenger-side stays on constantly. i removed the bulb, i haven't been pulled over for it yet.

pretty sure its the BECM on that one. I've checked all the wiring and found no shorts.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
BECM sorry

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I had a feeling it might be, bugger, and a 4.0l one went on fleabay in Melbourne last night for $60, double bugger! Thanks guys. Now to try and find which relay is responsible for the brake lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts