RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rangerovers.net/rrupgrades/suspension/swaydiscon.html

I'm thinking of changing my regular bolted connections with something like described above. As you can see, the connections are in line with the direction of the force that will be applied through the connect. If I replace the bolts with a hitch pin ALL the force will end up on the pins. I'm not sure they can handle that amount of force, and I don't really want to find out what happens if the connector gives way whilst cornering on highway.
Does anybody have any suggestions how to rig a quick disconnect here?
Thanks

[attachment=0:2ijfx8tp]anti sway bar2.jpg[/attachment:2ijfx8tp]

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey James have you tried just removing them to see if you mind it on road? I have removed my rears and plan to remove fronts too. with the rears off honestly i dont notice a difference. The older ones dont come with any to begin with so I figured when a ball joint went on the rears I said screw it, but then again I said that about the ac and cruse too, lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
On a side note your undercarriage looks to be in pretty good shape I would use undercoating oil to keep it that way.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't tried disconnecting them yet, but plan to. My 89 has a 2 inch lift, and didn't have Anti Sway bars initially so the have been added by a previous owner. I'm thinking this was for a reason, but until I try it I don't know.

Thanks for the tip for the underside, I plan to do the arches and the underside before winter sets in :)

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts