RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I am looking at a 2000 P38 with only 60k on it. Very nice rig but owner says it can't be driven over 50 mph since he put on LR4 wheels. He's had it to a couple shops and the opinion is that the LR4 wheels are a bit large (on hub) so they are not seating quite in the center.

Can anyone out there say YES this is a problem and I need to get original P38 wheels back on this thing. perhaps someone else made this mistake with the LR4 wheels.

Thanks and i look forward to being on here a bunch more. After one Series II, a Defender, 3 Disco's and a '95 RRC its time for a mark II I figure.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
FAQ #7 The FAQ thread is the one that says **START HERE**

YES, the wheels are your issue, NO you do not need P38 wheels.

Any L322, L320, L319 rim will fit on a P38... if you install proper hub centric rings. The fact that he has had to a couple of shops is a pretty big hint that if you purchase the rig, you should avoid those shops. You should also avoid what ever tyre shop mounted the newer rims without selling him centering rings. Hub centric rings are standard fare for any shop that works with wheels.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks then the LR4 wheels should work as long as I get some centering rings on them. will call around after the Holidays and look into it.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Specs, suppliers and approximate pricing are already in existing threads. This is a DIY project that takes a few minutes per tyre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts