RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OK so here is what I hope is the final update. The car has been with a different mechanic (James at Henshall Engineering) who had previously repaired the timing chain guides after they decided to disintegrate. He plugged in his diagnostic kit that is capable of reading Land Rover codes and he also read a code stating that Shift Solenoid B was the issue which confirmed my iSoft reader code. He then checked for any continuity issues with the main transmission wiring harness but found nothing. He then dropped the transmission sump to investigate further but found nothing. Next thing to try was to swap solenoid B with one next to it. After swapping the solenoid the error returned and he read the code, the error had followed the solenoid to solenoid C. I was surprised to hear this since I had recently paid someone to change the solenoid for me. We ordered and fitted a new solenoid from Land Rover and the car seems to be running OK now with no Trans Fail Prog errors or limp home mode. Looks like the previous garage replaced the wrong solenoid 8-0=.

I just want to say a big thanks to RRPhil for his advice, top bloke!

If you are in the Manchester area I highly recommend using Henshall Engineering in Chelford, James is very knowledgeable and experienced when it comes to Range Rovers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i too having same problem but mine locks to 3rd gear i did today at the traffic lights turn off ignition and remove key then re inserted key and stared it in park and it cleared but again im in same boat 10/15 mins driving and pops back up again is there diffrent levels of fualts dependant on which gear it locks into ?
Ant help adive would be greatly appreciated
Just though ide mention its a 55 plate vogue 3ltr td6

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi i too having same problem but mine locks to 3rd gear i did today at the traffic lights turn off ignition and remove key then re inserted key and stared it in park and it cleared but again im in same boat 10/15 mins driving and pops back up again is there diffrent levels of fualts dependant on which gear it locks into ?
Ant help adive would be greatly appreciated
Just though ide mention its a 55 plate vogue 3ltr td6
Have you had the error codes read?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts