Range Rovers Forum banner

Another Tire(d) Question

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Snag_Devil 
#1 ·
I've searched and read a lot of tire posts, some back as far as 2008, and I'm still unsure what I should be getting.

I drive a new to me MY2017 RRS TD6. What an awesome ride!

I drive mostly stop and go traffic in Portland, Oregon. I don't go purposely 4x4ing but I do take my rig camping and on forest service roads. I also tow a boat a few times a year (under 3k lbs). Winters are wet, but generally mild with temps under 25F extremely rare. We have about 1 snowstorm a year where everyone panics and empties the grocery store shelves. It rained a little slush this morning and school opened two hours late ~sigh.

I have 20 inch rims currently sporting tires my mechanic calls "xbox tires". If they were bike tires we'd call them road slicks.

So, I think I'm looking for a good basic all year tire. I've been recommended the Hankook HP2 Ra33 and the Nokian R3.

I dig this board and appreciate the knowledge here. Thanks all.

#4 ·
I've heard good things about the Cooper AT3/ATP as an all-around tire that's good on-road and off-road.

I have 275/55R20 KO2s and I love them. Aggressive sidewall, great off-road, great in snow/slush, decent in icy conditions, good in the rain, and surprisingly quiet for an A/T tire.

They caused a 2-4mpg hit in city driving and about 1mpg in highway driving due to their weight though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.