RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks...I've read all the posts here, on bimmerboard, bimmernav, etc. etc. Most talk about what you can do with the Mk4 computer. I still have a MK3. It will NOT upgrade. I've tried every version from 18 to 23, different programs (Alcohol 120%/CloneCD), different media (Memorex/Verbatim) and every single one gets spit out of the system saying it is the wrong CD.

You might assume that I was burning them incorrectly, EXCEPT when I downloaded the 'native' 3-1/32 Range Rover MK3 CD image and burnt it in exactly the same way, the system DID accept the software and go through the reboot process.

This might become moot as I am going to do the Mk4 upgrade soon, but in the mean time it is driving me mad. Any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
One is CD based, (many cds to cover country), Icon moves not map, when in use, That's the Mk3

The other is DVD based, (only one DVD disk for the hole country), BMW splash screen, no exceptance screen (if programed right), Icon is stationary map moves, split screen option, faster down loading of routes, and there are many updates and hacks.

Mark.

D

·
0 Posts
So why not upgrade to the MK4?

I have the cd base one and I heard I can purchase the MK4 and just plug it in. That is my next upgrade after I install the bluetooth kit I just ordered.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just completed the swap out to the MKIV in my 2004. Actual hardware change takes 5 minutes - no kidding.

Only initial downside was the ugly bmw logo - which I had to change. This was no easy process. Spent about a day messing with it to get it to work. Went with a cool rhino breaking out of the screen / land rover logo.

Upgraded to V28 software which gives a perspective view - pretty neat. My unit was a "Euro" unit - which i thought I might want to do a software change to US - but the nice thing about the euro version is that there are no warning screens/accept screens. Automatically goes right to navigation.

New Map Update (2007) is on the way!

Radio screen looks different - like there's somethings missing - but I'll wait to see if I can change that.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
My radio screen has a big blank hole (you would think that the nav would still show, seeing that it still displays streen names, location lat/long)...Where did you get the V28 update? I still have V26, and it is great just to have it go straight to what ever you had displayed (Nav,Radio, ect).

Mark.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hope this helps. Here is where I got the info on V28:

http://www.x5world.com/navigation-syste ... lable.html

Again - if you go thru this process - the standard spash screen logo will be the ugly black ===== BMW ===== logo.

Just to clarify - I believe that going to V28 - the warning screen goes away automatically after 8 seconds. I couldnt tell from your message if you already have that ability. I think that since my system is currently a "euro version MKIV" that it automatically goes to the nav/radio and that this may not be related to V28.

Here is the image for my splash screen:

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I have a euro, mk4 (for almost two years now) and love it just for some of the reasons you mention. I'll check out the site about the V28.

Thanks.

Mark.

·
Registered
59 Posts
viper- can you post another pic of your splash screen. i wanted to upgrade to that one- thought it was pretty cool. thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts