RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finding out what was making the police siren noise (faulty Turbocharger) my 2005 MK111 diesel has started to make another strange noise.

It starts when the road speed reaches 45 -50MPH and is heard as a loud hum coming from the front passenger side of the car. The car sounds normal until I reach the quoted speed and I don't feel anything strange in the steering or suspension when the noise is happening.

This is the last thing I need after spending a shed load of cash to replace the turbo :(

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
615 Posts
It is possible that there is a small gap between the cowl and the windshield and this is causing a loud vibration. I had this occur. It was remedied by the dealer sealing this with silicone. Cost was $60 USD

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having this same issue. I think mine is being cause by the plastic piece on the back of the hood near the windshield. I noticed it is a little loose, but have not had a chance to mess around with it to see if that was the cause. Just a thought.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had a vibrating noise from the lower windscreen area, it turned out to be the plastic panel on the lower edge of the windscreen. There is adhesive tape to stick it to the screen this had come away from the screen and caused the panel to
vibrate/rattle. Either replace the tape or the panel.
Stewart.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of the above I'm afraid. The panel is well secured but to test this I placed a rolled-up piece of bubble wrap at the area that the bonnet (hood) meets the panel. When closed the bonnet pushed firmly on the panel eliminating any movement. With this in place the noise is still present.

I have also removed both front wheels to look for a cause but could find nothing obvious.

Question: If I grab a front wheel (while that side is jacked up) should I feel ANY play in ANY direction? If any movement is felt is this movement an indication of a fault and could that cause the noise I am experiencing?

Any further advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I was poking around in the engine bay looking for possible sources for the noise I removed a large hard plastic hose that directs air from the front grille to a small radiator and found that the radiator was almost blocked completely with insects and gunge. I don't know what fluid this radiator cools but mine was not doing a very good job because of the blockage. It may be worth all owners to check this out on their cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts