RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's mine:

Locks and unlocks seemingly random. Many times does the lock unlock sequence when using another function. Three examples I've witnessed, all while sitting still with the engine on: put the truck from D into Park, push the brake, adjusted my seat forward. What I mean is the lock/unlock happened exactly the same time I was doing those things, as if those switches somehow controlled the door lock. It was strange. Other times, its just random, truck on or off, me inside it or outside.

I've replaced the drivers door latch with new one.
I've removed the key fob batteries.
BECM is a Scotty rebuild, but this condition was on-going before that.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,159 Posts
Passengers door latch?

Both of the front door latches will control the central locking - if you press down on the sill lock button on either front door, it will trigger the locking for all the doors.

So if something like the CDL switch is faulty in either front door, then it will cause the random lock/unlock issue.

Marty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured this was the next route. Buggers are stupid expensive for what they are. I guess the inventory of them is dwindling.

Before I do it, I'll try unplugging the passenger latch and see if it still exhibits the behavio(u)r.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Any luck with this? I have to figure this out one of these days, been putting up with it for awhile. I don't like the idea of picking a latch and replacing each one until fixed.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
passenger latch has been ordered... I will update this thread if the doors lock cycle on their own afterward.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still haven't put it in. BUT, driving it around a little more I've noticed:

Most frequent times that it locks/unlocks is when I start the truck
The passenger lock is the only one that doesn't go up and down when it locks/unlocks

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to update, I installed the passenger latch (so now I have new drivers and passenger latches) and haven't seen the problem since...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts