RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have just bought Auto Express Magazine and in the front cover fold out there is a list of all the new cars of 2010. I was planning on replacing my 2007 Range Rover TDV8 with the new model soon, however Auto Express list that ANOTHER new range rover will come out on the 26th September 2010!!!

Does anyone have any details of this new Range Rover, i.e. will it just be another facelift or is it a brand new model? I had heard that there would be an all new model in 2012, is this the one?

If it is going to be here in September I will just hold off buying a new Range until this one comes out in September...

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be helpful, Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Auto Express Magazine must really skimp on the detail!

I believe the new bastardized Range Rover they are refering to is the LRX. It is a clever design meant to compete with the Ford Fusion in looks and capability, and compete with the Mercedes G550 in price. Win-win. If you want a hybrid with Land Rover's storied reputation for electronics, the LRX is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Just get the current TDV8 it really is the best car in the world at present for everyday use. The engine is just sublime and reasonable mpg too!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
Another idea might be the 4L TDV8 which is due around summer time but could well be later.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
In AutoBild motor magazine there is an event calendar for 2010 and they say there will be a new Range Rover 4.0 TDV8 in September and a small Range Rover (P) in October. On another forum a user mentioned this as a logical move, as the new TDV6 is very close to the actual TDV8...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
adara said:
In AutoBild motor magazine there is an event calendar for 2010 and they say there will be a new Range Rover 4.0 TDV8 in September and a small Range Rover (P) in October. On another forum a user mentioned this as a logical move, as the new TDV6 is very close to the actual TDV8...
Sounds like good news but its going to awfully powerful as the 3.6 TDV8 already matched the V8 Petrol in power and has more Torque for everyday use.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heard that there will be a new TDV8 engine actually as well... I havn't heard that its 4litre but it could well be! Perhaps I should wait for that? My car is a TDV8 at the minute and it is a superb engine, but it will be 3 years old in March and the warranty will expire, apart from taking out a replacement warranty with a company like www.warrantywise.co.uk I would prefer to get a new one! A range rover without a warranty is a risky proposition! haha!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
halenko said:
I have heard that there will be a new TDV8 engine actually as well... I havn't heard that its 4litre but it could well be! Perhaps I should wait for that? My car is a TDV8 at the minute and it is a superb engine, but it will be 3 years old in March and the warranty will expire, apart from taking out a replacement warranty with a company like http://www.warrantywise.co.uk I would prefer to get a new one! A range rover without a warranty is a risky proposition! haha!
You should add a location note and a signature with your RR details....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gazellio said:
Sounds like good news but its going to awfully powerful as the 3.6 TDV8 already matched the V8 Petrol in power and has more Torque for everyday use.....
It's needed in my opinion - something offering performance similar to the 4.2 Audi diesel would be welcome (as would a little more idle and low-rpm refinement).

That and the active anti-roll bars from the Sport would make it pretty much perfect (notwithstanding the 2010 facelfit).

·
Registered
248 Posts
As I know there's not only the new 4-Liter engine coming but also a new 8-speed-transmission replacing the 'old' 7-speed. Personally I hope there will be also a Start-/Stop-System.

Greets
MP

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Wow when do you buy? Would be shame to miss out out on these new features if they are coming soon.

Keyless Entry is a must at this level ...

·
Registered
248 Posts
RRPhil said:
RangeRoverCH said:
.... a new 8-speed-transmission replacing the 'old' 7-speed.
7-speed ?

Phil
Well, wow! I really thought the 2010 models have a 7-speed-transmission... Hmm, I've clearly been offline for too long! They really still have 6 speeds! :crybaby2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called LR today and they said a new 4.4 TDV8 would be out in September. They said that thats not their official line, but they know its happening...!!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
halenko said:
I called LR today and they said a new 4.4 TDV8 would be out in September. They said that thats not their official line, but they know its happening...!!!
The Torque is going to be rather impressive :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
LR dealer in Thames Ditton confirmed the new 4.4 TDV8 for the summer. You can assume therefore that we are talking Sept. I guess the question is to wait for then or get 2010 Vogue SE now and have it chipped /remapped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts