RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the forums regarding EAS (almost a library now) Unfortunately I am unable to find the key to sort my issue. I get FF,1, FF, 1 reoccuring in the rx box and have tried over several days with 3 different laptops with direct connection of the cable and still am unable to unlock my EAS fault. From what I have read, I have a synchronisation issue but am going spare on finding a solution. I will be most grateful if someone can let me know what has worked for then in this situation and would love to hear from anyone in Brisbane who has used this unlock software successfully.

Many thanks in advance.
Dean ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dean,

You are not the only one, I am having the exact same problem, i am getting 00 80 in the tx list, i have tried different computer and bought a pcmcia serial adapter that that gives my laptop a serial port, i have made tow separate leads, cheked the harness and plugs on the car, still not syncing. i hope someone can help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy Ending...

Following a great general discussion with Paul about how great these beasts of the dusty tarmac are, we tried to figure out the reason for the fault which turned out to be a pin in the OBDII port connector that had receeded into the port connector case and was simply not connecting. After repacing the pin in the right spot and applying a drop of adhesive, everything now works like a charm. Was a poorly made cable afterall. Good lesson learnt...buy your gear from a P38 enthusiast, not someone on the net out to make a quick buck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul is spot on. If I had have purchased my gear from someone who is in the business because they are interested in the business, I would not have had a problem. On the up side if I did'nt have the problem, I would not have had the opportunity to whinge about it and meet some top people on this forum.

Cheers
Dean :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts