RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to All, I’ve just changed my rear air springs, but I think I may have been a bit hasty they both look like they had at least 20 minutes of life left in them, the funny thing is that the one on the left in the picture was still fine while the one on the right was the one with the leak, one just never knows!!! As a point of interest I’m showing the following pressures with the engine switched off,
Left Front 3.5 bar (50) psi
Right Front 3.5 bar (50) psi
Left Rear 3.25 bar (45) psi
Right Rear 4.5 bar (65) psi
The height is the same all round so I assume that the extra pressure in the Right Rear is to over come the extra weight on that side of the vehicle fuel tank
Best regards silly boy.

Attachments

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,426 Posts
Flamin' heck!

Thanks for the pics!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm amazed those held any air! how many times have you rebuilt the compressor?

I wonder if they had some of the leak-stop stuff squeezed into them?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi to All, I've owned the vehicle since 2000 and only had trouble with the EAS in the last two years, in 2009 i replaced the compressor with an exchange, and also replaced the valve block with a S/H unit, the air springs in the pictures are the original units as far as i know and show no signs of any repaires, and have only shown signs of a leak over the last six months, 14 years plus not bad going, the markings on the springs are Land Rover + Dunlop the replacements are also Dunlop so should last another 14 years ?????!!!!
Best Regards sillyboy.

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
Awesome pics sillyboy! Makes it obvious how the side-torsion affects the air spring wear. Have never seen it so clear.
Cheers, Paul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts