RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

This is definitely a new one – so I think.

For some time now the EAS keeps get into a fault mode because of the same errors: a faulty pressure sensor AND an always open rear left solenoid And a faulty rear left sensor (as the FAULTMATE MSV-2 pointed out) - there are no air leaks in the system.

The sensors and the solenoid where replaced and after a few hours the faults came back.

Then a bran new valve block was installed just to get the same results after a day or two.

Replacing the Valve Block Driver Module (which seats next to the valve block) with another, used one, held up for just over a week before the faults came right back.

Each time the faults are erased, the EAS works fine for a period of time (few hours to 7-8 days) and then, the same faults log back.

Any suggestions where to look and what to do next?

Thanks
Bernard.

·
Registered
931 Posts
This sounds like a valve driver problem.As you replaced it,I would check the power supply to the driver module,(12V and ground points) to eliminate this as the source. :think:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Did you replace the pressure switch, what condition is the compressor in?

Scotty

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John W said:
This sounds like a valve driver problem.As you replaced it,I would check the power supply to the driver module,(12V and ground points) to eliminate this as the source. :think:
I will do that.

Scotty said:
Did you replace the pressure switch, what condition is the compressor in?
Scotty
Yes. twice.
First replacing just the pressure switch on the original valve block and then got a new valve block that came assembled with new pressure switch, solenoids and all..

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Compressor.

ALWAYS check the compressor FIRST. It is the most likely culprit of all EAS issues and the easiest part to fix....(for the benefit of future readers)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shupack said:
Compressor.

ALWAYS check the compressor FIRST. It is the most likely culprit of all EAS issues and the easiest part to fix....(for the benefit of future readers)
Hi Dennis.

I think the compressor works fine. In fact it is quite new .We got it from you a few months back - before this problem showed – after a rebuilt one fail to deliver...

Any way.
What to check with the compressor?

Bernard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts