RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all and, sorry for yet another EAS post; I have been trawling the forums most of last night and this morning and can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2003 L322 TDV6 which, over the last year has had more issues than you can shake a stick at. Working my way through them the only two remaining were the transbox motor (potentiometer beyond repair) and a faulty compressor for the EAS. So, yesterday the old wabco compressor was taken out and repaired and, at the same time, I replaced the discs and pads all round. Job done I went through checking the system functionality and for leaks etc, all good, at all ride heights no signs of leakage etc.

Later in the day, I went out in the truck when the front right dropped itself down to the bump stop closely followed by the left (presumably due to the auto-levelling as opposed to a fault), and that's how it stayed until I managed to get it home. Once home and hooked up to diagnostics, zero fault codes were shown, I did manage to get it back to level and, it has stayed that way all night, however, when going through the diagnostics I noticed that the displayed levels for each corner were hugely different.

This is the data displayed from each sensor:

Running Off
voltage Height voltage Height

Front right 2.52v 12.88mm 2.54v 11.38mm
Front left 3.0v -4mm 3v -2.88mm
Rear Right 2.03v 1.50mm 1.99v -1.13mm
Rear left 2.08v -5.13mm 2.08v -5.13mm

reservoir pressure sits at around 11.21 with a temp averaging between 76 - 83.

So far, each bag has been checked for leaks (their age is unconfirmed so I will replace at some point) at all ride heights, as has the rests of the system that I can get to, no fault codes are being thrown up in diagnostics. My current thinking is that mechanically there are no issues and the problem lies with the ride height sensors and their data, that the system needs recalibration. If I am correct, then here comes the problem, I live in Cyprus and, in the area, I am we have no one with the facility to do this and, all parts have to be imported; I think I know the answer already, however, could somebody please confirm if, I am on the right track with the cause of the issue and if so, will disconnecting the battery/a hard reset, smack some sense back into the ECU and reset the values to normal?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
27 Posts
From what I understand the values are basically meaningless and only a starting reference point. Look up RSW solutions: Allcoms as they have a video showing how to re-calibrate the EAS height with their software, which does all kinds of magical things. You couldn't drive anywhere for that cost... mainly because Rovers don't float well. ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2-b3vtSM2M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts