RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a battery discharge problem now for a few months,charged and tested battery,all good.Tested alternator charging rate also good.
Sat in car with mutimeter attached,was drawing about 0.6 amps then after 25mins when it had gone to sleep went down to 0.02amps which is about right so must have intermitant discharge.
Started to pull out problem related fuses (evac etc) did the evac fuse first fuse64,after 2 days batt completly flat.tried nav and alarm fuses but still going flat.pulled out fuse 12 at the weekend and left the car for 4 days,car started no problem.Looked at rave tonight to find fuse 12 along with fuse 52 feeds firstly the hevac then the heated seats.
What do you guys think? if it was a faulty hevac resister then would pulling fuse 64 of ruled that out?,could it be the hevac control panel activating the heated seats through the night? Have also noticed the drivers heated seat does'nt work,the indicator lights for about 10 seconds then goes out.

Any advice would be greatfully received
Thanks
H

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I would be very interested in solving the heating problem for the driver's seat as I have exactly the same one. I also had a completely flat battery after leaving the car for a month (in august) without starting it. A overnight charge solved the problem and it hasn't reoccurred since. I'm using the car every day though...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as in that thread they remove fuse 64 hevac and it solves there battery discharge,in my case this doesnt help i still get the discharge problem,the only way of stopping it is to remove fuse 12.I've also replaced the resister not long ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts