RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another "Air Suspension Inactive"/Ignition Lock Issue(2003)

2003 Range Rover HSE
191,850 miles
Good Battery/Had it recharged (at Advance Auto) today
All applicable fuses are good

I've read many posts concerning these particular issues (Air Susp & Ignition Lock). However, have not come across those issues in tandem.

I took my rig into an "indy" shop for a wheel hub replacement (driver's front). I also had them to replace the ABS sensor while they were in there. After they finished the job, now the driver's front will not rise to normal height. The interior air suspension switch panel nod is not illuminated. Everything was working fine when I took it to the shop.

Also, the key ignition has started to lock. I have removed and reinserted "fuse 18" in order to get the ignition to turn and crank it up.

The indy shop started to PMO because they were unable to fix the problem. So, I drove the rig home (about 6 miles). It's now in my garage. I'm waiting until Monday to take it to someone else. I told the indy shop manager that I will be bringing him the repair bill when I get it fixed. He said okay. :)

What has possibly caused these issues? What else can I do to rectify this.

Thanks guys and gals

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Re: Another "Air Suspension Inactive"/Ignition Lock Issue(20

Just because you have two issues does not mean they are related. Take each issue on it's own and follow existing posts. You've already identified the ignition lock issue, have it fixed. EAS could be all sorts of things. As we are not there to inspect anything or hook up to diagnostics anything here would be a stab in the dark guess. Could be a damaged sensor, disconnected sensor, frayed harness... Have you read the error codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds to me like there may be two different problems here.

The simple start would to do a battery disconnect and reset, just to iron out any little gremlins which appear every now and again.

Regarding the air suspension, depending on how the vehicle was lifted for the work it could be the height arm on a sensor has flipped over sending it out of range, the system has detected a leak, or even possible if the correct jacking procedure hasn't been followed possibly it's confused the system and will need resettig with the correct diagnostic tool!

Regarding the ignition, it appears to be quite common on these vehicles over time, may be worth replacing to save you getting stranded in the future!

Best of luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Another "Air Suspension Inactive"/Ignition Lock Issue(20

Thanks for the insight.

I have performed the battery disconnect to no avail.

Regarding the air suspension, I did not think about the jacking procedure. The indie shop probably didn't lift it correctly and confused it. I certainly hope that's the issue because the air bellows are fairly new. I'm going to investigate that. THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION. I appreciate it.

Regarding the ignition, being that my rig is an 03, it's probably right. It's time to replace it.

I really appreciate your reply. I'll keep you posted on the diagnosis. I buy you some Ale when I come to England. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts