RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance `)

With some beefier tires and wheel spacers, I am finding myself needing to keep the car in high mode to eliminate any chance for rubbing under severe turning or articulation.

I have a set of Arnott Gen II air springs that are less than 10k miles old. As such I don't care to buy a whole new set of Gen III springs at this point. My question is: can you plop in a half inch or inch spacer under the air spring to compensate without ill effects mechanically or with the sensors?

Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi to all You guys over the pond must have different insurance to us in England if you fit other than manufactors bits and pieces and dont inform your ins. in an accidant your ins. would be null and void. any changes have to to agreed with your ins.coy. Best regards sillyboy

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
tjh2dUVA said:
Sorry in advance `)

With some beefier tires and wheel spacers, I am finding myself needing to keep the car in high mode to eliminate any chance for rubbing under severe turning or articulation.

I have a set of Arnott Gen II air springs that are less than 10k miles old. As such I don't care to buy a whole new set of Gen III springs at this point. My question is: can you plop in a half inch or inch spacer under the air spring to compensate without ill effects mechanically or with the sensors?

Thanks.
mechanically yes, sort of. you'll top out the stock shocks over speed bumps, if you go with longer shocks you'll over-stretch the height sensors.....it's a downward spiral. 1/2" should be no problem, but it won't change the height at all, you'll need to adjust the height settings in the ECU or modify the sensors.

I'm working on a complete lift kit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did read on the main site that you can adjust the height settings in the computer - add say 15-25 mm to the height levels at normal and high mode.

Has anyone else done this modification to confirm it? Can it be done with the common logistic equipment: testbook, T4, autologic?

·
Registered
42 Posts
How big are your tires? I have 20 inch rims on mind and I'm not having any of those problems. Before anyone start with you shouldn't put those on your rig. I still have my stock tires so I can offroad when I want.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
tjh2dUVA said:
I did read on the main site that you can adjust the height settings in the computer - add say 15-25 mm to the height levels at normal and high mode.

Has anyone else done this modification to confirm it? Can it be done with the common logistic equipment: testbook, T4, autologic?

Yes, you can do that, but I don't recommend JUST adjusting. There's more to think about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts