RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have an 09 model. Since the week I got the car, every time I get in the car, the radio (or whatever output is selected) will play for like 2 seconds when I put the key in the ignition and start the car but once the phone connects it will cut out the output signal. If I switch from radio to Aux and back again, everything works fine.

I have tried disabling bluetooth to see if that fixes it but it still happens so I am not sure if its the bluetooth connecting or not. It happens with all outputs and is driving me a bit nuts. Is this a simple setting I can fix, anyone see this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

:razz:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I vaguely remember my 2006 used to do that, but very infrequently. At times there would be no sound from an input until I cycled through AUX and back... Never found a solution and dealers were unable to duplicate - of course! - but since it only happened every blue moon it didn't really bother me all that much. My 2013 LR4 has no such issues, but of course it's a whole different infotainment system. I also don't believe it has got anything to do with the Bluetooth system.

Have you tried the obvious yet - a full battery disconnect and hard reset? Turn off engine, wait at least 2 minutes, disconnect the negative and positive leads (in that order) from the battery posts, wait another 10 minutes or so, touch the two disconnected leads together (use the shaft of a long screwdriver), reconnect positive and negative leads (in that order) to the battery posts, restart and see if the problem reoccurs. Also, it probably has absolutely nothing to do with it, but if you have Lazy Entry enabled in the settings menu, disable it. If the issue is still consistently there, uploading the latest head unit / amp software available for your model year would be the next step, but of course the dealer will charge you some money for the labor involved and there is no guarantee the problem will go away...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, will test a this and report back.

I vaguely remember my 2006 used to do that, but very infrequently. At times there would be no sound from an input until I cycled through AUX and back... Never found a solution and dealers were unable to duplicate - of course! - but since it only happened every blue moon it didn't really bother me all that much. My 2013 LR4 has no such issues, but of course it's a whole different infotainment system. I also don't believe it has got anything to do with the Bluetooth system.

Have you tried the obvious yet - a full battery disconnect and hard reset? Turn off engine, wait at least 2 minutes, disconnect the negative and positive leads (in that order) from the battery posts, wait another 10 minutes or so, touch the two disconnected leads together (use the shaft of a long screwdriver), reconnect positive and negative leads (in that order) to the battery posts, restart and see if the problem reoccurs. Also, it probably has absolutely nothing to do with it, but if you have Lazy Entry enabled in the settings menu, disable it. If the issue is still consistently there, uploading the latest head unit / amp software available for your model year would be the next step, but of course the dealer will charge you some money for the labor involved and there is no guarantee the problem will go away...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts