RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that missed the last thread, or if you need a refresher: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24890

I've been wanting to do this for a couple months now. Bought the paint back in late Fall. It's a springs on the way project!

A little sneak peak below, the paint color is Indigo Blue.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You do nice work, but are you sure you're not color blind?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,240 Posts
want to paint the bumpers for me? :lol:

Martin

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snapped a quick picture this morning.

I'm indifferent towards them, as of now. You can also see my rear bumper, I cut it a couple weeks ago and pulled the exhaust up higher.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I like the bumpers...could you take a closer pic of them.

I like the idea on the wheels, but from the pic the paint doesn't really match. Maybe in some better light it matches better?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought with the overcast morning, the lighting would have been perfect. I think my angle is bad and the sky washes a lot of the color out. I will get some better pictures soon. The bumper turned out 100% better than I expected and now I need to paint my tow hitch, as it's all rusty-up-in-yo-face. I've also been contemplating painting the factory bumpers with some truck bed liner stuff, I hate how much the woods scratches up the nice plastic bumper covers!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You know you are missing a trim piece that would hid all the under body around the hitch, don't you? I think the wheels are OK but can't say I like white lettered tires at all. But its your car and at least you didn't put 20" rims on it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
get rid of the white lettering on the tired, paint the lug nuts, and find some black magic for the tires and you will be good to go

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NorCal RR said:
You know you are missing a trim piece that would hid all the under body around the hitch, don't you?
Yes. :p It matches the front bumper now.

I didn't like the white lettering at first either, but it'll do for now. I swore off tire shine after I couldn't find any that didn't turn the tires brown after a few uses and paint on the lug nuts wouldn't work.

Ideally, I want to get some 275/65/18 Maxxis Buckshots, but that might be a while.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like black on black, I just wanted something different. If you're not careful it looks like a black/black combo from a distance.

Speaking of the lug nuts, I've been noticing all the rovers in the junk yards have really nice looking lug nuts. I bought a 27mm socket after reading around on this board shortly after buying the truck and it's scratched my lug nuts all to hell and back. It fits so tight I'd never dream of paint lasting on them. Any ideas?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts