RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, seeing as we are on the West Coast for the near future, I bought a very nice low mileage Ford Windstar as the "Dog Van" to do shore based excursions (Still on the old lifeboat)
This was fine until we got on the LA Freeways.........In the 30 years I have been away, they have gone stark raving bonkers out here!

SO...............I started looking for something more appropriate to safely traverse the greater LA area, and
As I have been missing my beloved 02, What would be more appropriate, and safe?????
Why an 02 Borrego, of course!
Nothing says "Stay away" like a bright yellow Rangie!
I am the second owner. Never off roaded by OE. 108k mi
Found a very nice one, whipped out the Nanocom, read all the codes (just a few minor ones) had a good look around, and got it for a very nice price!
Drove 80 miles back to base at slow and go to 85 mph, and it is very nice! Dogs are stoked as well, since they grew up in P-38s

Now, to make it better still, I will get some new bags and rip out the stupid springs ( No offense intended. My opinion, and I am welcome to it) Looks like they did a minimal Castration on it, so all the parts are there, just need bags.
Other odds and sods are the transfer case does not shift, A/C needs a charge, and sunroof is jammed.
I will sort those out in the AM.
Wife says it needs a bumper bar, so I will start searching for that.:D

·
Registered
930 Posts
Congrats on acquiring another P38.

The fwy speed here in SoCal is pretty crazy these days. Although the posted speed is typically 70mph, If you want to stay in the far left lane, you pretty much have to cruise at 90mph!

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Well done, seems like yesterday we were having lunch in Oz......my how that time has flown!

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
If you want to stay in the far left lane, you pretty much have to cruise at 90mph!
That's basically all that happens past 9PM here in Illinois/Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done, seems like yesterday we were having lunch in Oz......my how that time has flown!
You said it, Mate!
Time just whipped by, and as we could not get assurance on continued Visas, we had to bail after only 1 1/2 years. Of course, we had to have a quick whip round the coast in the 85. 20k km in 2 months!
We both miss Oz, and all the friends we made!
Thanks for the Fish & Chips!
Next shout is mine!

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Are you going to take the new one home?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, seeing as "Home" is going to be defined as "Wherever we are with the boat" for the next 5 years or so.........That's a good question!
Gonna get some 16 inch wheels, either a set of Hurricanes from an 2000, or some Pro Lines from Dr Scotty. Then some decent off roadable tires. (I do not like 18's for dirt work)He also has some EAS bags for me, and since it appears all components are present and in good nick, it should be an afternoons work to get rid of the springs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts