RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't got an owners manual! How do you change the time on the clock...sure it's easy!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,419 Posts
Yep!
Press and....................hold..............and it will increment

·
Registered
343 Posts
You have a working one? I've tried three of them, if I pressed that button every minute it was accurate:)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
chris, the P38 clocks are accurately very accurate if they have a good ground., Let's not trash narrow minded that the idea your partiuclar rig is lacking.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well in fact I did some research, when testing them on the bench they all kept running for weeks but the slightest vibration did stop them running.
Seems that it has to do with worn contacts inside. The internals is just a 50 cent quartz movement made by German clockmaker Kienzle.
Searching their site by engraved partnumber automatically redirected me to LR, the difference that makes them unique is the electric adjusting button instead of of a turning knob on the central axle.
I gave up, refusing to pay LR price for a new one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I took mine apart and it was very obvious which soldered connection was cracked, so I reflowed the solder and its been good for 4 years. I can get some pics if its not as obvious to others.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
I've never had one quit or not keep proper time. if you were here in the States I'd send you one for Christmas. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
760 Posts
I took mine apart and it was very obvious which soldered connection was cracked, so I reflowed the solder and its been good for 4 years. I can get some pics if its not as obvious to others.
I’ll pop mine out and have a look, I find it so annoying as I’ve spent a lot of time and money to get my rig to the standard it’s at, the clocks the last thing to do ( hope it doesn’t hear me, lol )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts