RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just bought a 2010 Range Rover. It has a digital clock on the instrument cluster set via the navigation screen in the centre. I've set and all is well.

However, the analogue clock in the lower centre console is running but is the wrong time. The manual says the all clocks will be synchronised to the digital setting but mine doesn't.

Any suggestions? I sadly like everything to work...

Regards,

Terry.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi All,

I have just bought a 2010 Range Rover. It has a digital clock on the instrument cluster set via the navigation screen in the centre. I've set and all is well.

However, the analogue clock in the lower centre console is running but is the wrong time. The manual says the all clocks will be synchronised to the digital setting but mine doesn't.

Regards,

Terry.
Is it working at all, or is it not synced because it’s completely dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing I have a problem as it's not syncing with the digital clock.

Any had a similar problem and cured?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
378 Posts
If you disconnect the battery at 11.59 and reconnect it on the stroke of 12:00 the hands will reset to 12:00 once it receives power.

Rob

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,165 Posts
Is it off by an hour? Is the clock set to account for Daylight Savings time, or is that a North America thing only?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi All,

Regards,

Terry.
Does anyone know how the touchscreen unit and the HVAC cluster are supposed to talk to one another? Is there a copper wire harness or is it part of the MOST bus?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Sounds like the system isn’t sending the time Info to the analogue clock due to a software glitch. Try rebooting the system by disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it after a few minutes. To play it safe, reconnect the battery at 12 o’clock so if the reboot doesn’t work your clock will reset to the correct time anyway.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A system reset worked. i.e. disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.
Did you ever touch the cables together once disconnected? Just curious.

Sounds like LR is no different than a computer with all sorts of background services going on. Sometimes processes are killed unexpectedly and takes a restart to spool them up again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts